Nationals Attractions

skidawg

• Baller
In 2014 we spent most of our time at the river, walking distance from the site. The kids had a blast there with the rope swing and damned up swimming area. I have heard that the rope swing has been removed, though.

• Baller_

@skidawg, you are missing the biggest thing that keeps kids occupied - other kids. Turn em loose and they will have a blast.

The rope swing was washed out in a flood last year vs removed. I don't know if there are plans to rebuild or if that has happened already. Regardless, there is a really cool swim area.

@Mark_Matis the title sponsor doesn't build jump skis, so there is no conflict. The night jump at last year's Nationals was before the last day and well worth watching.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
I have to agreed with @skidawg . The last time we went to smrr for nationals our kids were getting scolded for getting in the lake to cool off. I get it that the river is nearby, but whole cow rope off a swim area so they can dip in the lake and hang out.

• Baller

In the most respectful way, I have to pose the question, is entertainment for kids/families a realistic expectation of the Nationals host site? Is this something that needs to go in to the planning of the National tournament? An extra incurred expense for the host? Will that cost be passed on to skiers via entry fees? Is it open for all families, or just those of participating skiers? What about a bounce house or the like, would families pay extra for use of that? A swimming beach is understandable, will there be a lifeguard? I believe they had one at the river last time.

There is tons to do around the area of SMRR. 3 cable parks nearby, Nland surf park, water parks, and of course the river.

• Baller

I just Want to Jump in. Lake 4 will not sit empty there will be practice til mid day then the boys and gals at Radar will be taking it over. River on the back side of the property. River Floats available or just go sit and relax in the cool waters of the San Marcos River. Best BBQ in Texas 8 minutes away. Your choice Smittys, Krietz or Blacks. If you have not experienced one of these your missing out on the traditional Texas Pit BBQ. Slitterbaun 20 minutes away, 2nd largest Outlet Mall in the world 10 minutes away. Gruene Texas 20 minutes this sleepy little town also has oldest dance hall in TX and lots of little shops and places to hang out with kids. I can go on and on and still not talk about Austin or San Antonio.

Also remember this is only a 4 day National. The tournament will run all day Saturday with premier events ending the day. So it will not be a clean up day where there is no one still on site the last day. The site will be JUMPIN (yes pun intended) Sat night with a lot going on. At SMRR we have never been accused of not knowing how to throw a PARTY!!!!

So y'all come down one join the FUN!!

Jeff Lindsey

SMRR

• Baller
Four day nats is awesome! Last time at SMRR my youngest skied first event Monday, I was last event (or next to it) on Saturday. We took in a lot of the things brought up here during the week for entertainment, but man it was a long one.