HO TX or Radar Senate Alloy

dgarland10

• Members

Good morning! I am looking for some thoughts or insight on purchasing a new ski. I am an intermediate skier, who open water skis, and not likely to ski a course. Currently skiing on a 2004 HO Free Ride and wanted to upgrade. Need to stick in about the $500-$600 range for ski and bindings. Was looking at the 2016 TX and the 2016 Senate Alloy. Any thoughts or experiences on these would be greatly appreciated.

David

• Baller
I have skied the senate and the TX Superlite. Seante is a good ski but the TX Superlite is one of the most versatile skis I have been on. Set up properly it is very stable, cranks both off and on side turns and is plenty fast. It's amazingly good in the coarse upto 34mph and great to blast around in the open water. I was on a 67" and weighed 190. My set up #'s were 29.5" heel front boot, fin length 6.940 depth 2.442 dft .745

• Baller
@dgarland10 For your described skiing plans and level, the Vector and xMax are what I would want to be on. If you get into course skiing later it is easy to upgrade to higher performance (and more expensive) gear. Remember to tighten the upper cuff lace only enough to provide a little additional support, but not so much that you can't easily pull your foot out of the binding. I have friends on both of those bindings and they find them very comfortable and consider them to provide plenty of performance for recreational skiing.