Issues with Course Permit - Anyone else heard of this

mino

• Baller_
@gmut :+1 on PM info also, thx. I have seen a thread on another site discussing the Wisconsin spotter law so it seems some regional action on marine regulations and hopefully relaxing the restrictive / non sensical ones on the skier population.

• Baller
Getting ready to head home from work a couple of Fridays ago and my kid calls and says a deputy sheriff was there about some problem with our course and would stop back. "Oh no", I'm thinking, "this is the end of it". Soon after the head of the water patrol stops by and says, "Someone complained about your slalom course". After a little prodding and insisting I had a right to know who it was, he told me, "It was the guy in the most southerly house. He kind of shot himself in the foot because he did it at our 'hot dog with a deputy' event and grabbed our commander and complained about a half dozen things he doesn't like about our department first, then added that he didn't like the course". So he tells me that technically we need to remove the buoys when we're not using it, then he tells me, "Here's what you need to do: get a letter signed by the affected homeowners saying they don't object. The guy who complained is not an affected homeowner since he can't see it from his windows. Then you need to get a letter from the city saying they don't object- and have them add that it can stay in place for whatever months you want it to and you don't need to remove the balls." Then he says, "We know you guys invest a lot of time into this and aren't ever a problem". So, I drop in at the city, ask for the City Administrator, and he says no problem. An hour later I had my letter from the city and confirmation that all was well. Can't believe how lucky I am :)