2018 Vapor

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
Got to laugh between the buoys today. Wholly crap. My easier line lengths did feel as if the rope was longer. Ran my hardest pass which is 35 off in my third set. Was my second one of the season. Can't wait to ski tomorrow. Thank you Radar Boys !!

• Baller

I'm having a hard time dialing in my 18 vapor

Ive run the shallow and deep settings and deep is way better

I'm at 2.510 .770 6.828 30 1/2 on a 68

I'm LFF and my on side is really diving in hard especially at one ball coming into the turn. Off side is really pretty good but I could use a little more angle.

I've moved back to 30 3/8 and added length but I still wheelied out of the off side.

How do I keep ski from diving in and stopping on the on side but keep off side where it's at.

• Baller

I was lucky enough to ski with Eddie Roberts and @Mike Gile at radar this weekend on the new the 67 vapor

The ski was set up with Eddie's alternative # not stock shallow and long or deep and short some where between the two.

first impressive the ski with the new rounded bevels just rolls in and it very predictable the ski settles in the pre turn very nicely, much different then the my 16 vapor. I'm skiing has been ok this season I'm 52years young 195lbs 6'1" and have not ran a 35 this season I have been getting 2-3 at -35 on my ski.

Extra weight is why I'm 10 lbs heavier than I have ever been. that being said the shorter the line get the better the ski worked skied 3 1/2 at -35 on the 2 set should of ran it but freaked out I was early and rushed the 4 ball turn and popped the handle. I will be for sure getting a new ski next season and this new vapor is what I'm going to get.

I then watched mike run down the line and get 3@ -39 off the dock on a new ski he has never skied on, All I can say is that man can ski!! and the ski looked very good carried out and settled in very well.

Radar and the team did a great job on this ski!!

Deano

• Baller
Brooks set me up and critiqued a video of the new Vapor running 32 off. First class guy and ski. I am front foot challenged and the ski still comes around with the boots set a bit forward of stock. Good for us tail riders. I am at stock long and shallow but a bit forward DFT.

• Baller
Mine was delivered with the fin dead on to factory recommended settings. These have worked very well, making my offside turns sweet and smooth. On my fifth set on the ski I tied my tournament PB (in a tournament), and one judge had me higher. This ski will add buoys to my count. Rossi and team did an exceptional job with this one. Well done, very well done.

Reading through this thread, it seems like most folks commenting are into -32, -35 (so in my eyes, damn good skiers). Is the 2018 Vapor that much better than a 2017/2016 for a -22' skier? I'm on an old Strada and debating if the extra $$ should be spent on a fancy 2018 ski over a 2016/17 is worth it?

Update, I did get a 18 pro build. First two times out were....disappointing. My skiing definitely went backwards and had a hard time running my opener. Had a bunch of obligations and wasn't able to get back on the ski for a while. Meanwhile started thinking of fin settings, and buyer remorse. I kept the fin settings at long and shallow, kept the boots on the ski, and decided to try one more time.

Last night the ski finally put a smile on my face. I think I experienced some of the magic others have been talking about. Looking forward to more sets behind this ski.

• Baller
I’m 5’7” and 175lbs. I’ll drop that to about 165-170 over winter. I’m on an 18 Vapor Pro which seems to be sized right. I was on a 2017 67” last year. It was ok but the 66 seems more manageable for me. I have a 19 on the way so my 18 is for sale