Colorado Skiing - spotter & driver

JRPFoCo

Skiers in CO: if anyone is looking for a spotter and experienced driver combo who will buy full tanks of fuel and help with ANY mechanical/maintenance on your boat you want in exchange for a few passes, please let me know.

I've got a fiance that is a slalom fanatic, and I've been her driver for several years now in addition to growing up skiing and wakeboarding in MN. I am working hard to improve my slalom skiing as well, and she's recovering from an ACL tear down-hilling this winter. We JUST passed pulling the trigger on a Nautique this week. Unfortunately for us, her variable rate student loans skyrocketed this July, so we are redirecting for a few months and buying next spring.

With all of the clubs around my guess is we're a day late and a dollar short, but its hard to find information. We're both just shy of 30, put down roots here in FoCo and are looking to get into a skiing network so that come May of next year we will have spotters and friends to join us on our boat.

Thanks for the time and for reading!

Looks like you have some options. 1 of my crew is in cancer battle & not able to ski lately. Up in mtns. maybe 2+ hrs from FoCo. No course. We ski till mid Oct. If interested pm. Going out of town this weekend, back end of month if slow reply.

All,

THANK YOU for the replies! I failed to set up notifications for new posts on this thread like a dummy, so I had no idea anyone had responded until I checked now. This place is amazing!

I will PM all who reached out.

@shyskier - The longer drives out of town don't scare us off at all. We've been making the drive to Lake Granby to ski at a friends place and every session puts a smile on our faces.

I'm really sorry to hear your friend is going through a bad time.

• Baller

Have you tried Soda? They're on the west side of Denver by Morrison and Red Rocks. You can purchase rides there for $34 a set or by a package. Contact skisoda.com

We moved here recently and have been skiing there a bit and also have a boat and TRY to ski on Sloans Lake. During the season, it's a joke, but now that we're nearing fall it should get better. Hit me up

Steve

@"Steven Haines" - we did buy some sets at Soda but just haven't gotten the timing down to go use them. Great staff - we talked on the phone for about 10 minutes and they were very fun people.

@colo_skier - would love to make it to Pueblo to do some skiing - have been meaning to explore that area a bit too. I'll send you a private message!

@shyskier - we have commitments through Labor day weekend, but would love to meet up sometime.

@gginco - We're planning on swinging by Laku tonight to watch the Comp, but haven't been able to find any information on who it is open to. I will shoot you a text.

Thanks everyone! Stellar group of people around here and really looking forward to meeting a few of you soon.

@JRPFoCo - You're welcome to ski with me anytime next year. I spent a year in FL with my family and will be back in CO for next ski season. My family has a private lake in Greeley with course but we live in Broomfield so I usually get a membership at Lakeview (Firestone, CO) as well because it's closer to us. I usually ski 3-4 sets a week. PM me if you need another option.

PS - I have a 2015 SN 200 with Zero Off (Single puck).

Wanted to report back now that we're coming up on the end of the season. Had a great time skiing several times with @Ronny61 and actually lucked out and ended up landing our own boat this week.

Huge thanks to everyone who reached out and offered to pull for us. This community is incredible. Fingers crossed for a short winter here in the foothills.

• Baller
Depends on the weather. We have skied as late as Dec.22nd before. The lake turned solid the next day. The lake is in the 60's now and we have kept going down into the low 40's before. I probably will not go past the 50's now as I would rather take a Florida or Cali trip. Guessing it will be mid Nov this year. Not so dedicated as I use to be.

• Baller

Had a gal named Ellen from Denver look me up when she was in Ohio. She said she skis on the north side of Denver most times in the early mornings and then drives to south side for work. Good skier and driver.

sorry to be slow to reply. Crew member not able to ski since aug. goes in for major surgery Fri. will find out then chance of survival. Made it out labor day weekend with spotter help from different friends on lake. One other day in sept. as other crew member did not want to leave wife alone as she has gotten incapacitated, and weather always seemed to be a crap-shoot on weekends. Worst fall I can remember.

@303Skier Wolford, no course. Tell everyone that asked it is to windy. Usually camp @ green mtn. mid summer & ski course there.