How slow on HO TX??

gt2003

I'm currently on a 2016 Alloy Vapor, 68 inch. I've slowed down to 26mph and made much more progress in the course. But, at 220 lbs and 26mph, I REALLY drag through the course on the Vapor. I haven't had luck finding a 69" Theory but did just find a 2014 69" HO TX, New Old Stock. With the longer, wider ski, do you all think it would benefit me to switch skis for now? I've thought of even going down to 24mph until I run the course. I can always upgrade skis later.

Also, I've got my old Obrien Targa bindings (mounted on aluminum plates) on my Vapor now. Will they fit on the TX?

Thanks

That ski kinda freaks me out just looking at it! Any personal experience @ThePantsManCan ? I'm consistently making it around 3, almost to 4 at 26mph on the Vapor. I figure a little slower on a more stable ski and I'll be there. What's max speed of the butterknife?

@ThePantsManCan , I was watching the promo videos and Rini said he was skiing the course at 17-18 mph on the butterknife. I guess I can't go wrong with it. The design just freaks me out a little. I need to have the confidence In Radar that I do with their previous era skis!

• Baller

When I first learned the course last year on that exact ski I was going as slow as 24mph on it with a full length line. I was workingat 30 and 32 mph by the end of last season on that ski. Never felt like the ski was holding me back.

It was and is a great ski for the slower speeds.

• Baller

I think it would help you. At 220 lbs the 68 Vapor is a little small at 26 mph and a bigger ski would definitely help. The TX would make things easier as would some of the other skis suggested.

Your OBrien bindings should fit on the HO.

• Baller
Great to see people slowing it down as they learn the course. So many people are too stubborn to go below 30mph, and I have many people telling me I should speed it up. I've been learning the course at 28 and am just getting to where I am making it through about 3/4 of the time (in lessons behind a 200, less often behind my boat or an older ski boat.) I'm in no hurry to speed it up, as I am more consistent I can start thinking more and more about form.

@svxwilson , what ski were u on?

Thanks folks. These responses are reassuring. I'm not above slowing it down to 24 to get through the course then gradually speed it up.

I'm still not 100% sure I'm sold on the butterknife... (just a little too futuristic for me!)

Once I get the swing of things and speed up a little, I'll likely go to a graphite or Lithium senate. I never plan on Skiing over 34mph and will likely never need more ski

than the Senate. However, that will be a while so no telling what skis will be out there by then!

• Baller

@gt2003

I was on a 2014 69" HO Superlight TX, still have the ski, however it is currently for sale also. Just took one step up into a 2017 Superlight CX, mostly for the middle binding mount as I am using the new Vmax bindings from HO.