Second time on a slalom ski this morning

Chef23

• Baller

I am continuing to make progress quickly. I got out this morning for my second recovery set on a slalom. Right now I am skiing on an old 69" HO Charger at 30 mph 22 off. I was a little worried about getting out of the water but I came up no problem. The first set last week I only got up once. This time I skied a ways doing wake crossings and I was less tentative than last time. I wouldn't say it was aggressive yet.

I am not quite ready to run the course even at 30 mph. I need to get more core strength and more time on the ski. It is great riding the slalom again though. I do feel like I will run the course before this year is out which is ahead of where I expected to be. I was hoping to ride the jumpers around the lake in August and hopefully just be on a slalom before the end of the season.

• Baller

Enjoy the free skiing and get the muscles in shape through predictable, tight-line skiing.

As you know, course skiing can mean turning when you have to, which sometimes means hanging on to slack hits (or burying the tip to compensate). Keep it smooth. Great to be back though, isn't it? Enjoy!

• Baller

I'm envious...and a little frightened. The thought of my right foot/ankle/leg in a real binding gives me a little pause...I'll get there eventually...really weird never been nervous post injury before.

The jumpers work ok cuz I have old, big adjustable bindings on 'em. Hopefully can join you on a slalom soon...keep up the good work!