Help looking for ski and binding

JustAnewb

• Baller

So I've slalomed off and on (mostly off :neutral: ) for the last 30 years. I have an older 67" HO with RTP and enjoy it but it's harder to get up on and it's probably time for a new ski. I think it's 15+ years old? My 13yo son asked to try slalom last weekend and promptly stood up on his first pull. He is asking about doing it more and now I have the itch again. Looking into the local private ski lakes and finding some people with slalom tugs instead of our barge. We still love wakesurfing and wakeboarding so the LSV isn't going anywhere. I'm looking for suggestions for an open water setup that I can use in the course when I get the chance. Disclaimer: I've skied on private lakes but have never really tried the course. Haven't ever had anyone to teach me.

Almost forgot I am 5'7" and 165lbs I am comfortable saying I'm intermediate skier

Ps I am ID AX on the bu forum

• Baller
I have heard the Radar Katana can do both. I think HO makes one too. The guy in Boise has some in stock. I was interested in trying one for free skiing when the lake was not so great, at slower speeds for goofing around, when I don't want to be up at speed on my D3.

• Baller
I ride a 2012 HO S2 which I think is great for the course and free skiing. It doesnt like to ski flat & straight but anythinmg that does is not fun. It's a very forgiving ski that you can push as far as you want in the course at 34, which is as fast as I ski at age 60 anyway.