2002 connelly F1 too old technology ?

jeromezz430

I don't have access to a slalom course since few year (best: 5@58km/h 13m = 5@36 mph 32off).

so i ski on open water @55km/h with an old 2002 connelly F1 (and an old 1986 savoie-marine french copy of ski tique).

My question is my ski too old technology to use body position of best slalom champion (new ski technology = new body position like in snow ski straight/parabolic) ?

hope i'm clear

(excuse me for my english)

• Administrators
@jeromezz430 the ARC and ARC-S are almost identical. The ARC-S is just a slightly softer Flex. I believe the S is more popular and it is the version that I prefer. Both are very good skis.

• Baller

I skied many years on an F1 until I tried my friends 2016 Vapor, all it took was a single ride to convince me to upgrade.

I felt like coming out of the ball I am stepping on a gas pedal with the vapor.

I’m sure skiers better than me can get much more out of the F1 that I can, but the newer ski helped me break through the wall I had hit.

So friday i try my new Vapor

Fin was near long and shallow setting

Ho animal set at the right boot position

My ride was quite strange after 17 years of F1 riding.

Hope to try with right long and shallow setting soon

But the ski feel fast and require no strenght !!!

A big big upgrade.

Just a little bit disapointed by finish quality of my vapor compare to my connelly.

Some update of my new vapor.

Great ski !!!

main attribute : low effort for greatest acceleration.

and something i notice, i'm late to reach my handle after my turn (ski is already aim the other side of the wake and i don't already have my 2nd hand on th handle)

so i need to work this !!

@jeromezz430 Im also a freeskier and I took my first lesson yesterday so I could learn/try a course. It was super fun having buoys to turn.

I ski a newer low-mid end ski (Connelly Aspect) and it's been great, but at the ski school I was on a 2019 Senate Pro. It was insane. Turned super nice and carried a ton of speed. I spent half of my lesson getting used to the extra speed. I can only imagine a vapor pro would be amazing. Congrats on the new ski. I'll be in the market for a newer radar too. ?