rgood1172

• Baller_
Lake Jepawhit in Gaines, MI. Site of Pro events and Big Dawg qualifier events. Airstrip right alongside the lake. Flint Bishop airport about 20 minutes away (probably less).

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
Hidden Lake in Clio is also across the road from an airstrip and about a 20 minute drive from Bishop airport. They are having a record tournament this Saturday. JMac set a Canadian record there last year and Nate Smith has been into 43 off there as well.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller

I put solid screw jack anchors in the bottom at both Hawaii Kai and Kauai with subs. Those anchors should be there forever. I did hear no one wanted to maintain the courses after I left, which is a real shame. Keehi Lagoon has 2 active clubs and holds Tournaments there. It's right next to the Airport on Oahu.

• Baller

@C5Quest ... The course I had in Hawaii Kai was on the 3rd Inland Lake and parallel to a small Island. It was right in front of my House across from Koko Crater. It was pretty well protected from the trade winds. We had a Ski School there at the time with Mike Syderhouds Dad, who was my Daughters God Father. Ran 5 Nautiques on all 3 Lakes, 7 days a week. The ski school was later sold, we moved to Kauai, so I'm not sure if it still exists or not.

• Baller
+1 for lake 2 at Little Mountain. Lake of Dreams just south of Jerseyville, IL is really nice. It was the site for the CanAm Challenge this past weekend. And finally the lake in Lawton, MI was magic, sadly I don't think there are any tournaments there anymore.

• Baller
@Ed_Johnson - I tried to get a pull about 4 years ago at this site. Lots of Suyderhoud memorabilia on the ski shop walls and some vintage Nautiques. But they were pulling tubes and parasails. About 6 years ago I took a free slalom ride on the river in Kauai, but the course was gone. I'd love to know of any active sites on the Hawaiian islands - I believe that the Oahu ski club still exists out in the harbor.

• Baller

@greghayes ... Sorry to hear that. Looks like no one wanted to put the work in to maintain the courses once I left. I did put permanent screw in anchors at both sites, so if someone wanted to put in the effort the courses still exist. There are 2 clubs out at Keehi Lagoon, by the airport. Best bet is to go there when they are having a tournament and enter that. Great people in those clubs.