First ever tournament result

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

Travelled down to Gilbert Lake and entered the second day of the Gilbert Lake Slalom as a grassroots entrant. Was concerned I might miss the gate but got my first result instead. Very excited! Met a lot of nice people. The lake is nice too! Glad I decided to just do it!

8h717wokh14r.jpg

I am listed as Stephen.

• Baller
Nice work, and glad that you had a great time. Tournaments are a lot of fun, and you have to complete a few before the opener jitters goes away. Unfortunately, almost everyone will blow an opener once in a while. Stuff happens. Great job on your first tournament.

• Baller

@DaveLemons , yeah pretty much. I have run that pass near as I can tell (years ago in my 20's) behind an old outboard, and 22 off behind the same boat (Casad pylon equipped.), in a bent old floating course in salt water, going as fast as the old boat would go. We shot for 36 but I am sure we were short of the mark. The old speedo didn't work so hot anyway.

But had not practiced it/run it successfully since attempting the course again this year, behind modern tournament boats with ZeroOff. Or any tournament boats ever for that matter. Thanks again, and great to meet all you guys over there. Hope to ski with you again soon! Let me know if you are in the Wood River Valley also.