Course on Pine Lake

dhofert

So providing I can not find who this belongs to, what is the proper etiquette on using the course? We have to have our boat out of our lake by Oct 1st and will have to trailer so I wouldn't mind heading that way once or twice. Would I be asking for trouble just using it?

@dhofert I moved from that lake a year and a half ago and just free skied with a buddy over the holiday weekend. Course looked pretty straight and close to where it is permitted. My buddy says that it has been in the lake for a while. Times have changed since I lived there. It also sounds like the permit holders are trying to play nice with everyone from some other friends that are part of the owners association but I don't personally know the permit holders. Good luck! It is a fun lake to ski if you can miss the bass tournaments and pontoon boats!

• Baller_

Slalom course permits are based on the premise that an installed course is available for anyone on the lake to use. The usual protocol is to take 6 passes and then switch out to let the next boat take a turn. It's always good to talk to the other boats to work out the arrangements.

To be a good steward, make sure you have extra course parts (buoys, lines, zip ties) and that you repair any damage.

Since you have an I/O, you need to be sure that accelerating in the course won't catch a boom arm (if it's a portable).

As always, be aware of the rollers you create when you aren't skiing in the course. The other skiers will appreciate that and likely extend the same courtesy to you.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

Most portable slalom courses will have the boom arms about 5 feet below the surface. If your I/O drafts less than that when accelerating from a stop, you should be good.

I would think that you would definitely be OK when you drive through already planed and at speed. It is the takeoffs and setdowns that take more clearance.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.