Fin tool

76SS

• Baller

Always thought these tools missed the opportunity to have either steps cut in one end corresponding to fin angles, or a separate plate with two pins and a series of holes in it that those pins sat in to set the wing angle. Drop the second plate into the correct holes, slide it up under the wing and shazam. No need to carry a separate wing gauge.

39rclxfith23.png

• Baller

@Horton nailed it, copy of the old EZ fin tool. Only asked him to make the one but, they have the drawing now and could cut out any number of them on their cnc.

@BraceMaker Man do I wish I had thought about that!

• Baller

It is a beautifully designed and machined tool - just be mindful that your DFT numbers will not match any of the 'factory settings' or helpful 'pro's' numbers as they are all measured without this handy little tool....

The DFT measurement is a pain, but following advice from @SkiJay, i can confidently measure and reproduce a constant DFT number....

Just sayin'..

• Baller

@gavski true but after fiddling around getting it right, you would be able to re-measure and repeat with accuracy in the future, even if you move the fin fwd or back a few thou, you would be able to return to previous measurement and be confident of where it is.

@"76S&S" what material have you used, hope there is not patent on this ?

@Horton agree with wing removal, but the dft aspect may be more useful

• Baller

What ever helps tracking your fin is a good thing, I have the ez-fin tool, Schnitz fin gauge for depth, Finamagig tool etc, I don't use them though.

I only use a 8" Mitutoyo caliper for all skis, a slot caliper for Goode skis and wing gauges with halves.

Fin measuring gigs can be very helpful but the numbers you get are mostly for personal use, can not be shared or compared.