Zero Off Update Cable - Minneapolis Area?

BrennanKMN

• Baller

I have a failed GPS puck on my 2007 196 Zero Off dual puck system. Instead of buying a new puck I would prefer to update the whole system to the new single puck programming. I don't really trust any of the dealers around here to do it, and I'd rather throw some cash at a baller anyways.

If anyone in the metro area can help or point me the right direction that'd be awesome.

• Baller

Oh. I had no idea that DIACOM would do it as well. I need DIACOM for another fix on the boat. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get it.

@oldjeep

Expect a PM from me. I'd love to chat a little about your experiences with DIACOM.

Thanks for looking into that!

• Baller_

One can not update Zero off utilizing Rinda/ Diacom Software or it's communication hardware. The Zero Off Program update-reflash can only be performed utilizing the AquaStar E-com communication cable and AquaStar Soft ware.

With Indmar Engines one can utilize Diacom for ECM updates, Pleasure Craft marine no Bueno, if a ECM needs updated one has to send it in to International headquarters.

Many dealers are starting to utilize the E-Com cable along with a software program known as 4G for general engine diagnostics and clearing codes.

• Baller

@Jody_Seal - then what about the video that diacom put out? They show how to do it right in this video at about 6:14. Not to mention I can see the zero off menu item in my diacom software.

Which diacom have you got - the laptop software or the Techmate? Doesn't look like you can do it with the techmate but the Diacom Marine software sure seems to support it

• Baller_
Yes just went through the diacom system found the update process for ZO. Still am pretty convinced that the MOT files can only be processed through the E-control system. if not then the rinda video states that update files can only be provided to dealers? now does that fall under copy right laws for software when this stuff starts filtering out in the world?

• Baller
@BrennanKMN - I'd contact Matt Keuseman. He was at Midwest MC, now with MN Inboard. He's worked on boats for me for 15 years and often can do dockside service so you don't have to take the boat in. He has also done work for a number of family and friends, and it is always top notch. While he works for a dealer, he has experience with all brands of boats.

• Baller
@Jody_Seal You can update ZeroOff with Diacom, but your Diacom has to be unlocked with a code to allow updating ZeroOff and ECM's. PCM can provide you with an unlock code. You also need a different file format to upload for ZeroOff when using Diacom vs. eControls cable. I have used both to update, but once again the file to upload with Diacom has a different extension. Your answer that you can't upload with Diacom is accurate for most people, because if you are not a dealer it is very unlikely that you will be able to get your Diacom unlocked for upload.