zero off single puck over double puck

musclefixer

• Members

Ballers, I'm asking for some clarification, advice etc.

Our club boat is an '07 SN 196. It actually has PP and ZO as options. We only use the ZO setting. Good strong solid boat, but when we go to tournaments, the pull feels different. Some other skiers recommended updating our ZO system to the single puck. But what's going to improve? Is the pull going to be harder or softer? Some clarification, and is it worth it? $400, I'm told. Really I think we just want some clarification as to how the single puck affects the pull behind the boat.

• Baller_

Single puck or double, your 07 196 will feel different from most of the current year boats in some way or another. While upgrading to a single puck may help, your 5.7 won't feel like a 5.3, 6.0 or 6.2. They all have a different feel, and there is no substitute for skiing behind the different boats and experimenting to see what you think feels best for each one.

I have a 07 196 double puck, which I ski at C2. Our single puck 6.0 club Centurian feels great at B3. I had my best Nationsls score ever (2@38/34) behind a 5.3 200 on A1.

These settings may not work for you. The point is that for me, one setting doesn't fit all boats.

Lpskier

• Baller
We have a 2007 SN, and the lake seems to have gotten shorter, just like wetsuits over time shrink, so I put the prop with less pitch on it, so it revs a little more, but improved hole shot, and I think there is less difference to the new SN single puck my friend has. I skied the Single Puck on B1 but liked A1+ on our boat before the prop change, and now go B1 on both boats... Could just be in my mind though..