2018 MALIBU TXi - NEW STANDARD ADVANCED RUDDER CONTROL?

Dacon62

• Baller

Taken from ad copy...

"The 2018 Response TXi has been built with Advanced Rudder Control—adjust the steering load and drive ski courses with the utmost consistency."

Is this something new to adjust on the fly, something that can be adjusted easily while the boat is in the water, a new name for the adjustable rudder tab Malibu has had for some time or?

@Chad_Scott

• Baller
It's unbelievable to me that all the tourney boats don't have an adjustable tab on the rudder. Nautique has had this for what 20 years? Malibu finally got the message but you have MC owners changing the steering connection and grinding the rudder. With all the advanced stuff on boats these days, this just seems like a really simple add that's not really complicated or expensive. Maybe Nautique has a patent on it?

• Baller

my 2007 rlxi has the tab. I purchased from the promo director and it was shaved and was explained that the shave work best compared to the small tab to really dial it in for the course.

are there any other changes on the 2018? am interested on the right deal promo 17 or can wait for 18 if they made any improvements?