New g10 sequence plate

alex38

• Baller

Has anyone tried this yet? And has anyone gone from the aluminum plate to the g10?

I have had an aluminum sequence for about 7 years (the same one) and my g10 comes tomorrow, just wondering if anyone can throw up any expectations or big differences.

• Baller
The biggest difference is that you can adjust it in 1/16" increments. This is fabulous news since you absolutely NEED this level of adjustability if you want any hope of fine-tuning smear around the backside of the ball where the ski is at maximum roll angles. Too much smear at max roll, binding forward, not enough, move back. Fin adjustments are for cutting, pre-turning, and the transition out of the turn into the cut; in other words, while the ski is at medium to highish roll angles.

• Baller

for durability purposes i would much rather have g10 than full carbon graphite. the carbon is pretty and looks hi tech but its benefit is light weight not durability. i've seen older reflex all carbon plates fail often but if you are some how able to significantly chip or even crack a g10 plate you are definitely doing some thing wrong.

on a side note, you can buy thin g10 plate with jet black top and bottom skins for pretty reasonable on ebay. this piece is not big enough for a binding plat but the seller will cut you one that is.

• Baller
I wasn't using the spacer washers on my aluminum sequence plate. Just screwed it down. Just got my new Carbon/g10 plate. I liked the alum cause I could move a half a hole forward or back. Now this new one is just amazing for adjustability. Love at first sight for me. Well done Radar!

• Baller

Just tried mine while in a dry suit air 45 water 65 fog city. 3 22's and 2 28's. It works, ski feels lighter and more lively? Just a test run at easier passes but felt wider maybe. Nice to know I can move in 1/16 increments to fine tune smear. I've always felt like 1/4 or 1/8 inch could be the difference between a wheelie and a tip bite (which I could be wrong about). Really cool product very glad I tried it.

This is coming off an aluminum sequence of 7 years.