Pros 150 ft long line free skiing - video exist anywhere??

nicktoryous

• Baller

First real post - been lurking a while absorbing the (generally) wisdom but going out on a limb to see if any Ballers may be able to pull something out of the www ether...

I was doing some deep diving on free skiing and remembered reading an old Waterski Mag feature (which I did manage to find: waterskimag.com/features/2008/05/01/open-water-discovery#page-4) but wondered if anyone knows of any footage of the skiing written about:

To break up the monotony of his training, he had been skiing with a 150-foot, zero-stretch spectra line and wanted to share the buzz that is comparable to giant slalom. With the boat dialed in at 38 mph, Brown, Asher, Trent Finlayson and Terry Winter took turns figuring out the timing and movements required to link turns of sizable proportions.

It's pre-drone/GoPro era so odds might be slim but would be awesome to see!

• Baller

Bob Maher used to sell 150 to 200 foot ropes for skiing his long boards. Not sure if he still offers those. Marcus Brown and others skied fairly long ropes in the Video's he did for HO Free Ride skis. Not sure 150 feet, but certainly looked like a long line in those vids.

• Baller
In one of the water ski videos that were made quite a few years ago (Edged in Water II maybe?) a bunch of pro skiers were at a lake in a houseboat. Marcus Brown and Will Asher put two non-stretch wakeboard ropes together and went out and skied behind it. So that would have been 150 feet. I did it a couple of times just to try it when I was at Lake Powell. It was fun! Something different for sure.
  • Like 1