You do not see this every day on a ski lake

Horton

• Baller

Just like the new boats, @thager .

I had formula race boats training on my Mecca lakes. Incredible. And incredibly scary. All the drivers were in some state of injury or disability. Or confined to a wheelchair. I didn't encourage my kids to pick up that sport. The business that gave the guy enough money to race finally pulled the plug and said he couldn't race as he was too valuable. They told him to get his pilot's license instead.

It WAS fun to watch. And the tech was cool.

Eric

• Supporting Member

Gotta love the "V" (San Joaquin Valley for those not living in Cali)

I bet you could drum up some farm Canal skiing video too.

Growing up in Fresno, those guys loved sunset on Pine Flat Lake. Not sure how they would survive today's Wakeboard wakes. They hated the rollers from our PS 190.

• Baller_

Back when I skied the course on the Grand River, some guy put his hydroplane in and ran up and down the river at least 100 mph. Note: the speed limit on an inland waterway in MI is 50 mph. The river is about 150-200 feet wide. It was quite unnerving to set down after a pass and see that boat teetering from pontoon to pontoon as it rocketed through the maze of other boats and the MSU rowing team.

We flagged him down and asked him to move upstream to a less crowded stretch of river. He apologized and stated that he needed to seat the rings after an engine rebuild in preparation for an upcoming race. I said we'd rather those rings were not seated in our laps.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

Yea! But that dog don't hunt!!

Here is Sledgehammr setting an "Unofficial" world single wake record behind my flat.

Gotta be able to go fast in the straight away's and then turn left!

Fun to see boats like that and not a lot of room to run on ski lakes!

• Baller_
@MISkier : I have tested my buddies hydro, lots of fun & amazing lateral g forces out of that little skeg in the water, you have to hold on tight, they turn left amazingly well. It's not the speed that is the concern, it is riding on the edge of blow over and getting a slight gust and the nose points up that is one of those 'oh s**t' moments. You adjust the front wing from the cockpit to trim the boat for max speed. The feeling of teetering on three tiny points at triple digit speeds is pretty awesome.

It was a fun day yesterday, definitely a different experience than where we normally run the boat. A huge thanks to Bob and John for letting us use the lake! I have a good short video but I'm not sure how to upload it here, but I did get a cool picture of it on the lift. ttzvt0emye5n.jpg

@tc Thanks Tom! We were actually trying different down pedal timing/position at the last race and yesterday, the boat is just making crazy power at the hit and honestly I just don't have a perfect handle on it yet.

@RAWSki carbon fiber paddle would be bad ass! Ours is just really light wood, like Balsa wood.