For those keeping score at home, a quick update

Razorskier1

• Baller

Soon it will be 9 months since my diagnosis with glioblastoma. All feels like a blur right now. Anyway, surgery, six weeks of chemo & radiation, then six months of chemo done and, for now, I'm off of treatment. This is the standard protocol for GBM. Now what is left is that I get scans every two months for the rest of my life looking for new tumors. As long as we can go without a new one, I won't have any treatments. Statistically recurrences typically occur between 8-14 months. I'm hoping to do better since I had a complete total resection (no evidence of any tumor post surgery), enhanced radiation protocols (I was in a clinical trial for targeted, high dose radiation), and general good health. Nevertheless, we will continue to plan life 2 months at a time, from scan, to scan. So far all have been clear. Next scans November 2nd.

A strange journey. Thanks for all your support.

• Baller

I'm one with the warrior inside

My dominance can't be denied

Your entire world will turn

Into a battlefield tonight

As I look upon you

Through the warrior's eyes

Now I can see the fear

That will ensure my victory this time.

Keep kicking @ss, brutha! So many have your back.

• Baller
@Razorskier1 You are one tough guy to face your medical condition and complete all of your treatments.This past spring I was faced with what really are minor things in life such as a bad back knees that are bone on bone and vertigo that is kicking my butt.I started to complain and quickly realized that what I have is minor in comparison to what you have had to face and complete.Congrats to you and your family for being so strong to face and endure all that was handed to you.Good luck and I pray that your future is bright and full of family friends and chasing buoys.Iam an old guy and now live each day as if its my first day of my honeymoon and my last day of vacation!!!!! God bless.......take care

• Baller

Thanks @bananaron - I feel it is my responsibility to myself, my family and my friends to make this look easy. If I can inspire others by pushing through this with strength and dignity, then I've achieved something.

PS: my left knee needs replacing too, but I'm just wearing a brace on it to ski and it seems to help. I don't really want any downtime under the circumstances, so pain is probably the better choice.