How Can a Baller Get a Pull at Okeeheelee?

skibug

• Baller
I have never skied at Okeeheelee; I will be in West Palm next week and was hoping to snag a pull or two on Wednesday afternoon (11/15). If anyone is looking for someone to ski with between 1 PM and dark; or, is willing to give me a pull for cash, I'm game! I am a very capable driver, I pull my ski partners through 38 and 39 every day.

• Baller
Palm Beach Water Sports is just across from the West Palm Beach airport and offers pulls and, I think, instruction, although I can't vouch for the quality of instruction, water or boats. It's probably more oriented toward people who want to grab a quick ski rather than a week-long ski school session. Chet Raley is 40 minutes south of the airport and is one of the best coaches in the world.

• Baller
I have skied at PBWS a few years ago and had a good time. The course was well protected and the conditions were good. At the time they didn't have a ZO boat but were using an older Malibu with PP which was fine with me because I was just looking to run some passes and get some exercise in the winter. The guy that at least used to run it certainly knows about skiing but I wouldn't say is a well known coach. Depending on your level he could be helpful. It is very convenient to WP and you can reserve a time slot so it is efficient from a time perspective.

• Baller
@skibug , I usually don't get out during the weekday either. November-April there are usually many boats there all day and you can usually walk over the hill and ask someone for a ski ride. My boat partner should be there but tends to leave around 1/1:30 . He will have guests in town skiing with him next week so may be there a bit longer. I'll check and see what his plans are.