Way Way Off Topic / Members Only Section

Horton

• Administrators

I believe the strength of BallOfSpray is largely that I keep the conversation focused. Historically threads that were really not about water skiing have been strongly discouraged.

It has also occurred that we are all part of a network. Why not have skiers talk about making beer or riding road bikes or BBQ Grills?

So feel free to go way way off topic here. As before, please no politics or religion. If it feels like this section is taking away from the water ski conversation I will end it.

• Administrators
@lakeaustinskier No No the site is really about skiing all year round. You will notice that you can not see this section until you log in. I do not want the site over run with bike talk or gun talk.

• Baller
most of my winters consist of home projects and wood working. Have been slowly putting my shop together over the last several years. i have some modern equipment but I really like the older nostalgic machines. Great conversation pieces, but also completely functional and built like tanks. Last month I picked up a rare 1945ish Moak Machinery 6" jointer from my father in law and restored it. Still had the original motor and all. Next on my list is a vintage planer.

• Administrators

Yea we already have an off-topic section but it seems like sometimes I don't ask questions that are like way way way way off topic. Way way way off topic is a subsection of off topic. On the other hand I don't want it to become the bread and butter of this forum.

• Baller

@Booze this is a 2 stroke CR 500, I had 2 CR 250, 3 CR 500, a 250 and 650 XR AND A 450 CRF.

I think the CR500 is the most fun of all and the most powerful Honda MX, that's why I kept it and still riding it few times every year, in the off season and only when waterskiing is not an option.

It is fun when younger rider hear the sound of this bike, it's terrifying :)

• Baller

qefj7niyhlw0.jpeg

@DW it is a 2006 325i 6spd mnl with 128k miles. Drives like a dream. Tires are only 1.5 yrs old, clutch was replaced 4 yrs ago, brakes replaced all around last spring, replaced front control arms, radio display was replaced, and I am replacing the valve cover gasket/oil filter housing gasket, oil change today. I also have winter tires for it, if interested.