Stokes Nitro Vest, Super Flex Suit and Super Flex Top - unboxing

Horton

• Administrators

I took my second set in the Hot Top today. It is great. It was easy to get on and way warmer than I expected. Is it really almost December?

I am not exactly sure what the technical difference from the EVO vest and the Nitro vest. Seems like the Nitro might float my higher and is more stretchy. IDK but I like it a lot. @Thomasasher can you fill in the blanks?

5sjlzo182m2z.jpg

• Administrators

@Ed_Johnson I just tried both on. I think they are about the same length.

Note they are telling everyone to go a size up with the Nitro Vest. My EVO XL fits perfect and my Nitro is a XXL and fits almost the same.

• Baller
@6balls I am 5'10" with a 33" waist and 162 pounds. I just received a medium EVO and boy is it tight. It is a little of a struggle to get it zipped up, and is very snug once zipped (and tight under the arm pit). I wish I had a large size EVO handy to just to see if that is what I should have ordered, but a medium is what they recommended over the phone. You may want to consider a large.

• Baller

OK the stuff I ordered that should match my chest, waist and height fits my 16 year old daughter like a glove. Who makes these charts???? Appears to be super high quality stuff...but c'mon really??? For a guy @Horton's size to be in XXL???

At 5'11 and 200 I'm not super big, but the sizing chart there is not accurate. I will be calling and exchanging both wetsuit and vest for XL...geez am I an "XL" sized guy...or an XXL guy? If @horton you are XXL I probably need something at least that big.

I'm probably 2 sizes up from recommended on the sizing chart after seeing this stuff and tho I'm a gym rat really? 42 inch chest??? No way on that vest I was 5 inches from closure with a 42'' chest...that thing was pediatric.

Can't wait to get my stuff that fits cuz it looks and feels AWESOME but please Stokes and Perfski re-do the sizing charts to be accurately representative...or at a minimum tell me they really run super small so go way bigger.

Other than that issue...looks like super equipment, very helpful folks on the phone, quick and cost effective shipping...just fix the sizing chart.

• Baller

@6balls Which size vest did you decide on? XL or XXL? Was it the NITRO? Have you received it yet and tried it on? If so, how does it fit?

Just curious because I decided to return my medium EVO, and want to order a NITRO, but shipping costs are starting to add up (both ways), and about to spend even more to receive a NITRO, I am trying to get it right this time; either the L or XL. Thanks.

• Baller

@edmund will keep you posted just sent the vest and suit back. Given how small the vest was on me I went from M to XL...Horton is wearing XL weighs less than me, is shorter, too.

I have the same concerns as you...wasn't sure if I should go up one size or two.

• Administrators
@waterskicorey yea the Nitro is miss labeled. You need the XXL in th the Nitro. I am 5'9 and 185. The XXL fits me great. In the EVO I wear the XL and it also fits great.

• Baller

@Edmund just got my XL stuff; both stokes vest and long sleeve shorty. VERY form fitting but will likely stretch a bit in the water.

I could not go any smaller. I'm 5'11'' and 200 lbs in lifting season, closer to 190 in ski season...I'm built for bench-press...top heavy and big arms, too. I build muscle up top easier than legs which are relatively thinner. This XL set up is snug but a keeper. My guess is XXL would go ok for me, too.

Still can't imagine via sizing charts what a really big dude does. I have a brother who is 6'7''...would think he would be XXL but apparently he is off the charts.

Materials are AWESOME. I tried on my stuff and said to my wife...can it just be summer now?

• Baller
@ski6jones I'm 6'2" 170. I have the same problem with vest, wish some of these companies would make long versions. I have a Large Evo now that the length is OK. Could stand to be a little tighter. I like it, I'd buy another. It's a little over a year old, stitching is coming loose one place but other than that it a nice vest.

• Baller

Hey guys,

we have been working on a new sizing chart for the new NITRO vest. The EVO 2 is pretty standard sizing. The NITRO as horton previously commented is smaller in sizing, so you may need to size up. I had a skier in both vests trying a XXL who is 6 foot with a 46" chest and 41" waist and a well formed beer/wine gut ;-). The skier was able to put the jackets on and zip up no problem. You could tell the NITRO was a little smaller but the EVO 2 fit just right. He actually found them both to be comfortable and commented on the NITRO having a softer feel to it.

On our jackets as compared to others there is probably a larger gap when not zipped up due to the material we use. When I put my large on their is at least a 6" gap. But once zipped up it feels really nice on. We have a size chart up now for the EVO 2 showing people in our jacket with their dimensions. @ironhorse attached is a pic of a skier in the EVO 2 showing length and sizing. The jacket modeled is an XL. The jacket length is 25" and the width is 19". The skier in the pic is 44" chest 37" waist 185 lbs and 6'. Fit him real nice.

888ai55usigz.jpg

• Baller
I tried on a Medium Nitro at Performance the other day. Like @Thomasasher said, before zipping it there was a bit of a gap, but with the stretchiness of the material it zipped without me feeling like I was stressing the zipper, and after zipped it felt good. I think thats going to be my new vest next spring (especially as I'm hoping to have a little less belly in a couple months.)