My new 2015 Malibu Response TXI, question?

moski

• Baller

My new to me 2015 Response TXI with 6 liter. This boat is loaded with all options including wedge plate. Bought the TXI back in October. Sold my 1997 Mastercraft Prostar 205, Great first boat. But it was time to upgrade. Here r pictures (not my private lake, wish I had one though).

Need advice —�—� my 10 yr old and 8 yr old are slalom skiing, kneeboarding, and of course tubing.

Just to add to playing around behind the boat what size surf board to (wake surf) get for adult and also what size for kid behind the this boat?????

Same question for wakeboard.

Extra info. Im sure size is important. We are a slim build and average height family. I’m 5’8” and 150lbs. Wife is slim and little shorter. Our kids are both like 55lbs.

I already know the size for kids trick ski and adult trick ski. I’ve lookes in skiitagain. Anybody selling a trick ski?????

Thank you

moski

5boxggkyzrx5.jpeg

sn2wpsuamuyv.jpeg

av704beymrkx.jpeg

euglc54yn235.jpeg

idjcgiw3gg09.jpeg

• Baller

@bigskieridaho Thank u. This boat was used in few tournaments. I got picture off the internet of @Rjaquess Regina Jacques skiing behind it. I Would like to find more with her, Will Asher, Nate Smith, And other pros. Dennis Kelly and Tommy Newman are great guys and the boat is awesome. I got it from eastern TN Malibu dealership. I had spoke to @Chad_Scott , good dude.

I’m a slalom guy that plays in the ski course that my dad’s buddy puts up in a cove. I’m only familiar with water skiing and kneeboarding. My kids enjoy playing in ski course too. My kids want to go to this summer week long ski camp. Very excited.

Kids and I barefoot too.

I’m not familiar with surfing behind boat, wake boarding, or trick skiing. So my plan is to at least get few trick skis, as well as adult surf board and a kid’s surf board.

What do u mean skim or surf?

I assume since i have an inboard, even using the wedge plate i would think bigger surf board since small wake. I assume with the big wakeboard boats and ballast tanks and they put out big wakes u can get away with small board. I’m clueless with this stuff.

Thank you for any and all advice guys.

moski

• Baller
@moski There is two styles of boards for surfing that’s why I said skim or surf. You should be fine with a 46-52 for surfing. Honestly all of you could use the same one. As for the wake, I use a 150lb in the ski locker, and 800lbs in the left rear corner with the wedge down to surf. Perfect wave. It will be too small for you if you don’t add weight or a surf gate will work also. You are gonna love that thing! Great to ski behind!

• Baller

@bananaron thank u. I was little nervous in beginning due to black hull and I’m OCD on keeping things clean and no water spots. Could not resist had to buy (pretty, it’s loaded, and it was taken care of). Photos taken at Tommy’s lake in east TN. I would love to have my own lake to ski during week days then go to my public lake for weekends.

As far as trick ski looking for 41” fir kids and 43” for adult.

@MISkier thank you. Family is excited for summer.

@bigskieridaho Thank u for advice. Greatly appreciate it. Yeah I was looking at the Swell Wake Surf to suction cup to the side. Thank u again be nice to just buy one surf board and we all can use.

• Baller

sweet looking tug! you will love tricking behind this boat! arguably the best 3 event boat out there...and i have a 2014 SNOB...

For a surf i recommend anything ronix. I have a Koal from 2016. love it! @perfski has some deals on and i know they treat BOS ballers quite well.

Enjoy that sweet boat !!

• Baller
@MuskokaKy Thank u. Thank you I’ll check with perfski. Worked hard and saved up. Very excited. I’ve only slalom skied, foot, knee board, tube. I have no clue about tricking but heard it’s an awesome boat for that too. Basically I’m gonna have great crashes when trying to trick skii. Will make for good funny falls.

• Supporting Member

Great looking boat. We bought an 06 LXi, with the Wedge due to it's versatility (non-skier needs) It can serve up novice to intermediate wakes with some help - see below.

You will want to look into a Wakeboard Pole (non perm solution). Great for a lot of reasons: Passengers can sit in back, easier starts etc. Can get a rack and put on it to keep boards off the floor.

As mentioned, you will need on board ballast. I have/like the Eight.3 Ronix bags. Great quality, quick fill w/easy to on-board/off-board water.

I also have the Eight.3 WakeSurf Shaper. This velcro's just at/below the water line in the rear of the boat, opposite side of Surfer. It does make a significant difference.

Your/our boat is NOT designed for these activities- my comments are directed as a DD boat user. I have the Phase5 Kong board. While it is designed for a heavier surfer, kids use it and can ride without the rope their first ride. Is it super snappy/reactive for them - probably not. Will it give the beginner rider excitement -yes. Easy to ride - yes. At 240lbs, I have ridden 4x and got rope free for about 20 seconds.

Notes:

You are about to enter "kid" pain/time drain/grief - all in a good way. The boat will not handle/drive/pick-up skiers/surfers like it does now.

Unless the kids have Wakeboarded before, start the surfers from a standing position on your rear deck. (look up on Youtube)

Do NOT be afraid of buying a bigger board than you think or the local guy might try to sell you. You don't have a Wakesetter. The "push" from the pocket is nominal, you need all the float/push you can get.

• Baller

@TustinTom Wow. Thank u for the great detail in advice and info. Yeah I’m definitely otnoutting tower on it, no way. DD boats look awesome with out IMO. I already have the sky high fly high pole, bought that extended pylon when I bought the BI boom.

Yeah I have no clue about what wakeboard to get either for kid or adult. Size, etc...

I need to upgrade my slalom ski. I have old HO Mach 1 65” from 1996 (my dad’s).