REFLEX LINERS - THIN OR PROFORM?

MuskokaKy

• Baller
I have the thin liner, would like something a little thicker though. I tried the Proform liner and was way too thick, mostly the tongue. I could barely get my top buckles latched on the loosest setting, and that was after heat molding.

• Baller

Thanks for the input @Ed_Johnson @jedgell

@LOTW bought a brand new set up everything minus the liner from @DRail. I saw intuition liners online also just haven't heard anything about them. I only saw one style / thickness. Do you use them?

• Baller
Intuition Aqua. I think the pro form is Reflex’s most Intuition Aqua Iike liner. I love the intuition Aqua. Have used it in the Black boot, the Edge/Syndicate, and the Supershell. I used the thin liner in Powershells and initially in the black Reflex boot, but found the Aqua to be my favorite

• Baller

good to know.

@DRail use to work for H20proshop i believe. not sure if he's still in the game officially or doing something on the side. Found him via SIA but was able to confirm who he was on here. He did have a few reflex hard / supershells for sale on SIA but the others were smaller and i'm a XXL. He's West Palm Beach FL

• Baller

good to know.

@DRail use to work for H20proshop i believe. not sure if he still in the game officially or doing something on the side. Found him via SIA but was able to confirm who he was on here. He did have a few hardshells for sale on SIA but the others were smaller and i'm a XXL. He's in West Palm Beach FL

• Baller

It depends on your foot, your shell and your preference. If your shell is small for your foot, you will probably like the thin liner. If the shell is big, the thick liner is better. Molding the liner will not change the size of the shell. If you mold without toe caps, it might be uncomfortable. A good molding is magic.

I use Intuition style liners. The stock fit is pretty good so I haven't had to mold them in my waterski boots. I also use them in my snow ski boots and the molding really helped. I have tried a lot of shells. Fortunately, I can cut the plastic off the shell's toe with my Gatorade release setup so I always had plenty of room in the shell (my ankles are small so I have to add padding to fill out the cuff area). For me, it has to be a thick liner.

Snow ski racers like an extremely thin firm liner. Despite many similarities between the sports, stiff reactive boots are not needed (or good) for waterskiing. Thin is not intrinsically better. Get what fits best and most comfortably for you.

Eric