Vector (and all boots) sizing

wettek69

• Baller

Gidday guys

Just wondering if it's just me or if anyone has any issues with the broad range of sizing in the entry to mid level boots. For example, the Vectors come in 5-8, 7-11, and 10-14, and in the case of HO XMax, the sizing spread is even larger (10-15 I think). In my case, with the Radar Vector, the 7-11 is slightly small, but the 10-14 is a bit loose, even when tightened up. It would be great if the manufacturers could maybe put a couple of in between sizes in the ranges. Of course, it could just be my foot is an odd one. I know I can go to a Profile or Vapor boot, or maybe wear a liner, just curious what peoples observations are.

Regards to all

• Baller

Yeah, I wish Radar would offer it’s aluminum plate HRT in different sizes, not just only the “one size fits most”! It’s a great boot and I absolutely love it, but it’s a bit too large for my foot.

I know the feather frame HRT is available in various sizes, but they only fit Radar brand skis which is very odd.

• Baller

I couldn't agree more @wettek69 however I doubt this problem will be solved. For me with the Syndicate boot I'm right in between sizes. Sizes for that boot (and most HO boots I think) are 6-7, 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13. I am a size 9.5. I tried the 8-9 and 10-11. 8-9 is definitely too small, 10-11 is definitely too large. So I got a bulky liner in an attempt to take up the rest of the space in the boot and bought the 10-11 size. I'm looking to get a Reflex boot for my trick ski this summer (Syndicate was for slalom) and fear it'll be the same story.

A men's size 9.5 (US sizing) is not exactly an uncommon size of foot, so the state of affairs with boot sizing is definitely unfortunate. I suspect it has to do with the few number of boots sold each year, but that's just a guess..

• Baller
Agreed. I have Vapor boots and a RTP and the Vapor boot I had to get the bigger size and the RTP is “one size” which isn’t the case. Just the nature of the beast unfortunately. That’s why I believe a lot of people do their own sort of tweaking to their boots sometimes to make them work. With my boot it just took heat molding and it was good to go.