When does your ski season start?

Horton

• Baller

It appears mine will start on Monday April 30 when I arrive at Chet's place for a week of skiing.

I have not skied since last October. Our spring has been bad.

Usually I get to ski some in March and a lot in April.

But between the cold and rain I have not got to ski any.

I am on call at work this week and it is rainy and cold most of this week so I doubt I will get to ski this week either.

I have kicked my workouts up a notch in hopes this will keep me from getting to sore next week at Chet's.

I have gone to Chet's for years but this is the first time I have gone without being able to ski before I go.

I am just hoping I will be able to do my deep water starts.

Oh well it will still be fun just getting to hang out and watch other skiers ski at Chet's place.

I am also going to watch the Big Dawg's ski at Okeeheelee on May 4th and 5th.

I always enjoy watching the Big Dawg's ski.

oldmanskier

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller_

After a few free skiing sessions over the last two weeks, installed the buoys at club #1 and skied Sunday (4/22) and Monday. Monday was 73 degrees air, probably low 50s water. Not breaking any records, but running some reasonable passes.

Will install the buoys at club #2 this weekend.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
@FSSPCat I passed Chetermere on our way to a hockey tournament this winter and thought there must be people on that lake. Unfortunately not only skiers. PB should be close now.....and Shalom up in Edmonton could be this weekend.

• Baller

Skied my first sets of the year at Chet's place starting on Monday last week.

I was so sore on Wednesday (and being 20 pounds overweight) that I could barely do a deep water start.

I managed to ski for 5 days and had a great time even though I was not in good ski shape.

Water was around 85 degrees and air about the same. A bit windy but not un skiable.

I picked up a new GOODE Wide Ride while at Chet's to replace my 2009 Goode Wide Ride that had 1600 plus sets on it.

I did not have time to set it up while at Chet's due to I use interlock on my special boot set up and it takes a lot of time for me to do the set up.

But looking forward to skiing on a new ski that will be somewhat more alive than my 2009 ski.

I also went to the Big Dawg qualifier on Saturday.

Those guys are incredible.

They make 38 off look so easy at times.

Some of the 39's that were run looked very smooth also.

I have had two days rest and going skiing at my place today.

I hope most of the soreness is gone.

Thanks to Chet, Noah and George Levien (PBT Mascot, official greeter and all around great guy) for a great week at Chet’s place.

oldmanskier

• Baller

I finally got my first sets in on Sunday (and, predictably, I'm very sore).

Observation: the previous 3 or 4 winters I managed to ski at least once, if not a couple of times, over the winter, and got pretty used to skiing pretty well on my first runs of the spring season. In 2017 I only got to Florida at the end of March but got a couple at -32 on my first set, 5 @ -32 on my second and ran it on my third, which would be a pretty good day in the summer for me. This year, with a full 8 months off, I only managed running my opener (-22) a few times on the first set and didn't even try -28. My second set I got 5 at -28. A bit discouraging (but then again, I forgot to tell the driver to switch to my preferred ZO setting)