2018 Approved Tournament Towboats -AWSA

dbutcher

• Baller

@Chad_Scott What's interesting to me is that the Carbon Pro is unmodified and so is the Nautique 200. That may (or may not) mean no Supreme Carbon Pro, and may (or may not) mean no new 200 hull this year. I guess I shouldn't speculate, but that's why it is interesting.

@disland The link - start with USAWSWS (or whatever it is now) website, go to 3E, then towboats, then approved towboats, then approved tournament towboats.

• Baller

I haven't read the list. But I did petition the rules committee to allow alternative Mastercraft weights. Some serious politics prevented it. To the disadvantage of the skiers. Sad.

There were some weirdly weighted Mastercrafts in the past. Will we ever get consistently weighted Mastercrafts?

Eric

• Baller

Mastercraft has an approved ballast system with an unwieldy ballast tank and special kettlebell weights for the back compartments. Very few of these systems are available. We tried to get one for a tournament - and couldn't. I have skied behind Mastercrafts that appear to have been weighted. Bootleg weights? While weight is weight and a proper alternative should work, just throwing weights in a boat is a consistency problem that the strict approval of only the rare weight system might be trying to solve. Light Mastercrafts aren't the best trick boats but they are pretty good heavy.

Perhaps Mastercraft is being purposely disadvantaged. The rejection of my alternative weights was pretty severe and surprising to me. Of course, Mastercraft can solve this by making a user friendly weight system, certifying it and distributing it widely.

Eric

• Baller

Does MC sponsor any trick skiers? When was the last time someone broke a trick record behind one?

And then Nautique complains that they end up pulling all the tournaments but dont get their proportional pulls at Nationals. (seems like a legit complain to me)

Going to get even worse with no more Centurion promo's

• Baller

Brandy Nagle is a top MW/Open tricker behind Mastercraft. I believe she has a couple records. Doesn't Anna Gay ski MC? Russell used to.

MC would love to regain the trick dominance it once had. Figuring out the weighting would help.

Nautiques were a little scarce at the tournaments I went to out west. Certainly not the only boat.

Eric

• Baller_

@eleeski

Anna is a team Nautique skier, Russell now chooses Nautiques when he participates.

From what I noticed with the MasterCraft trick wake, the wakes are very round and hardly any crest or lip. Table is still reasonably flat and clean. but with out weight the wakes are small especially in shallow water, But hey! on the skiers end of the rope it works pretty good in slalom.