Anyone on the Omni?

ConPexEr

• Baller
@Frank_MA no problem at all, pretty much dropped straight on. The damper ski suits my skiing conditions better (not as "noisy", as it's rare I get glaasy water) but still lets me play with settings. Not really needed at my ability level, but nice to have.

• Baller

9qlvc9kk27bt.png

sodun8dzr55u.png

sdjqby2428fi.png

With the assistance of a local engineering shop I was able to have the carbon sequence plate drilled out to fit the omni. I went with the slightly older Radar Vapor binding to match the ski B)

• Baller
@scotchipman I will be interested to hear how the Omni skis when you get in the course. I will likely need something that is easier on my body then my Goode Mid at some point. Although I have learned my lesson and won't get rid of the Mid until I am in love with something else again.

• Baller

@ALPJr The Carbon Sequence plate has narrow slots at the rear and needed widening to expose the screw mountings. As there is a centre slot I had the Radar rear bar drilled in the middle so I could use 3 screws.

From you picture it looks as though the 2 rear most slots are wider in any event.

bxs8zykjiuic.png

• Baller
Just test rode a 67" standard Omni with the Hex fin at -28' 34mph last weekend and had the tail and fin break loose from the water twice, bruising ribs on both sides. I am 6' 195lbs and the ski felt amazing otherwise. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience with the Hex fin or just my operator error. My guess I need to progress to the carbon or syndicate Omni with the more advanced fin arrangements, or I may just be updating my Radar Senate Alloy to 2018.

• Baller
I have a 67 Syndicate Omni that is absolutely amazing! Went from inconsistently skiing 15' off to skiing 22' off at 28.6 probably 7 times out of 10! Full disclosure, I started watching @twhisper videos and have learned a lot about my body position. There is no doubt the ski helps a lot. Thanks for the demo program HO and the help from @savaiusini for getting it dialed in.

• Baller
@schuba, I believe the hex fin is not designed for running that short and fast in the course. It is really made for free skiing and slower/longer line course. The comp fin will get you into 34 mph but the Syndicate fin is suggested for shortening the line at 34. I believe @savaiusini could confirm this.

• Baller
@schuba and @vtmecheng this is generally correct. The hex fin on the Omni is geared more toward reducing drag/adding lift. The Carbon or Syndicate models will both get you well into mid short line and the adjustable fin is an easy upgrade to the Carbon if you so choose.

Sam Avaiusini - HO Sports Company - Director of Inside Sales and Business Operations

• Baller
@vtmecheng and @savaiusini thank you for your confirmation of what I thought. It was a rather painful experiment. Will be comparing the 2018 Radar Senate Alloy and Carbon Omni. Pain has subsided to a 5 out of 10 so ready to rip again this weekend.