Early Season Successes - how do you keep focus?

skihard

• Baller

So my 2018 ski season has already taken me to line lengths I struggled to get too and maintain through the year last year. Last night I ran straight down the rope to a PB for the first time this year.

The feelings of these successes are obvious. I think I know why I'm skiing better; better mind set, approach, and focus on the task at hand vs thinking too far out front of me.

I'm a little worried that the early successes might lead to a step back in development and thus a feeling of not accomplishing as much as I really have because I know I will hit a wall.

So the question is when you hit that wall do you change your mind set or your approach to skiing? Or what do you do to help yourself get passed that point of what I call PURE FRUSTRATION?

I had a good conversation with TFin on this subject and he's helping me. Amazing coach I might add, hit him up if you ever get the chance!

I guess I just curious to know what approach everyone else uses when they hit the hurdle or to avoid this hurdle when they know it's coming?

• Baller
We all have slumps and breakthroughs. What I try to do every set is work on what I need to do to become a better skier. This is independent in the buoy count that week, good or bad. Regardless of my opener or hardest pass, focus on what I need to do as the athlete and ignor the score. If I stay focused on what I need to do to improve and let the buoys come it works better for me. And over the long run, be that days or weeks or months I can see the improvements.