Theory or Senate

Ski_Dad

• Baller

Hi Guys, I'm looking at these skis

69" Theory (2015)

69" Senate (2015)

Which makes the most sense to replace my 69" P6 ? I'm 6' 220 and a free skier. Just looking to progress a little more this summer. Big Radar fan.

• Baller
@Mitzysman you said a key word there that makes me vote Senate and that was "progress". I think a ton of people here would agree the senate is a ski that will help you progress into the course and even run course into 34mph no prob. I was on a Senate for the past 3 season and speak from "some" experience. I moved to a vapor ( which all i really notice is its faster; cant really define it past that). I was actually going to sell my Senate then realized it such a great ski for some free skiing and friends that it wasn't worth getting rid of. #RadaR

• Baller

I learned Double Boot Slalom skiing on a Theory for a few years. Followed up with a Senate Alloy. My only regret with the Theory was not getting the Senate sooner. It was a great ski, but the Senate was better in every way and was in no way a compromise. I've since sold that Senate and picked up a Vapor Graphite and Senate Graphite. My only regret here was not getting the Senate Graphite at the time I got the Alloy, and not staying on the Senate shape longer. Vapor is too much ski for me currently - but since I have both now I can choose - and my wife uses the Senate - so win/win.

Go with a Senate!

• Baller

I believe it was in ‘15 the Senate was updated from the Strada shape to the Vapor 1 shape. Then in ‘17 the Senate was updated to the Vapor 2016 shape (which was the new Vapor at that time).

Maybe in ‘18 the Senate will get the new new Vapor shape?

@Bill22 I looked at a 2018 Senate just a few days ago. It still has the step on the bottom (which they eliminated for 2018 on the Vapor), so I can only assume that 2017 was the last update year. I am pretty confident that 2015 was the first big update, at the very least.

• Baller

from what I can tell from reading and talking to Radar, the 14-16 Senates are based on the 1st Gen Vapor. The 17 senate is based on the 16 Vapor.

i hear a lot about the 16 Vapor being a game changer, was the 1st Gen Vapor good too ?

• Baller

Can’t offer any opinion on Theory vs Senate but can say that I have a ‘17 Lithium Senate (Love it) and the ‘18 is the same mold with different graphics. Heard that the ‘18 Vapor shape will translate to the ‘19 Senates.

• Baller

It’s obvious if you look at the bottom what model they are (no rails, 2 rails, 1 step).

I had a ‘13 Senate and really liked it! I demoed a ‘17 and it was awesome! All of them have good reviews. I never tried the 15-16 model.

• Baller
@Bill22 good mentions on the senate. I just signed up for the Radar Tour here in Ontario Canada. Really looking forward to trying the new 2018 Senate. Just talked to Brooks yesterday and sounds like one will be there for me to try. Recommend the Tour to anyone looking to try anything from the Radar line. #RadaR

• Baller

@Mitzysman I have a 2012 senate that I loved and now I have a 2018 senate that I also love. However, I'm worried that everybody here is saying senate without actually seeing or knowing in any way what level of skiing you are currently at. I would encourage you, in spite of what seems to be a resounding vote of "senate" to post up some video of yourself along with some info, maybe speed, line length, boat, etc. that might just change the equation a little bit.