Wicked Awesome ProStar

Horton

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
@ErikBerghiller I forgot about that boat. It does look awesome. Pretty sure that is a prototype. Pure speculation but I would guess that that was filmed the September before the boat was launched so the graphics on the boat had not even really been addressed yet.

• Baller
@"Mateo Vargas" that is the prettiest boat I have ever seen in my life. Reminds me of me...simple yet stunningly beautiful!!! That will be my next color scheme. Damn that is a pretty boat!! 500 upvotes to you. @Horton please take care and make that happen!

• Industry Professional
Hey Mike, the boat in those photos was @theboardingschool's boat and we have one very similar up here in WA, Black top instead of blue in the nose, both are available if you're interested, just call me this week.

• Baller
I’ll leave this question on the PS thread. Got to thinking while washing my boat yesterday, about the drag fins and hydrogate on the SN. For you shortline guys, is a trough even an issue on the Prostar? I'll be curious to see what ballers think between the new SN and the PS. There'd have to be a big reason for me to justify the +$26k in base msrp between the two.

• Baller
It's crazy how the looks of this boat have grown on me. Wasn't a huge fan when it first came out but it's easily the best looking of the big three now. The lines around the bow are what do it for me. It doesn't look like a breaching whale like the new Nautique or a platypus like the new TXi. Even with the camel toe, she's the best.

• Baller

lol, camel toe. That's awesome! I wasn't a fan at first either, but I don't really notice it now.

FWIW, Eric at OJ hooked me up with a custom 709, intended to add 2-3 mph to WOT, and drop the rpm's by 200 at 34-36, without giving up much (if any) hole shot. I don't know squat about props, but he said he added some cup. FedEx delivers it tomorrow, so I'll report back once I get in the water.

• Baller

@swc5150 ... I did the same thing for my CC200 6L. Changed from a 654 to a 668, and it did drop RPM's by at least 200 and at WOT it hit 50MPH for the first time. I saw NO difference in hole shot, it is still overkill. Best benefit I found was that ZO was not as harsh. Being over 200lbs, it has allowed me time to get more lean, and ZO just comes in smoother. I hope you get the same benefit.

• Baller
thanks @ColeGiacopuzzi I've only open-water skied behind ours up to -35, and I don't notice anything. It's not as though the hydrogate is a new thing, so I wonder if MC had any consideration of such components, before deciding this hull just didn't need them?