Reflex set up help

Jmoski

• Baller

Hi Guys,

I have the reflex 2.0 shell, and i’ve noticed there is a little bit of play with binding locked in.

In looking at it more closely, I see there are two holes where the binding arms can be attached at the plate.

When I move it to the inner position it seems perfect, but I can’t find anything in the manual that talks about it?

If anyone else on here has the 2.0 shell with a #8 shell and can cross reference which hole your connected to - that would very helpful.

Here is pic with mine moved to the more forward hole.

8z7yaxf12lqp.jpeg

Thanks

• Baller

I seem to remember having the same problem with mine but mine are in the back hole. I moved the release one hole forward on the plate and it cured it. Now, I am on the older black with white cuff but is it not basically the same?

I think what happens is that my toe moved further under the horseshoe after a few years thus creating play.

The absolute cure? My new 3.0's are on their way.

• Administrators

@Jmoski I am not 100% sure about your issue but please take a look at the below video as a point of reference. If you are still unsure I suggest you contact the dealer you purchased the system from. (The staff at PerfSki sell the HO Syndicate system are very knowledgeable)

• Baller

@Horton - thanks for the link. After moving the arms to the forward holes on the mount its secure but still easy to clamp into the lock position. I did have to dial back my tension a 1/2 turn when I dock tested it before skiing on it. No falls yesterday (water is way to cold!).

Of interest on my plate there aren't another set of holes for moving the mounts up. Not sure why they have two sets of holes in the mount, must be related to having one part to cover multiple plate sizes.

Prior to making this adjustment I had pre-released a few times over last season, scary to think I ran an entire season that way. The core issue before was the heel could wiggle around a bit, moving the arms forward eliminated the play.

I'm 99.9% sure Reflex (ordered it direct) sent it to me misconfigured, I sent them an email Friday to confirm - but I'm sure they were already gone for the weekend.

The Syndicate hard shell does look awesome, I got a close look at them this past February while in Mexico.