The Boarding School Rocks!

dhofert

Just wanted to let everyone know that my trip to @theboardingschool has come and gone. What an amazing place with amazing people. I went in with limited knowledge and learned so much. Both @FWinter and Travis were patient with me while we worked on my less than stellar body position. Finally on Friday, my last set of the week it hit home. I managed to run all 6@15off three times in a row, and very close to a fourth. Not to mention how many schools can you sit in the boat while the world champ rips some bouys?

These guys put a new fire under me and gave me the knowledge to keep working this summer. I cannot say enough good about the place as a whole and I WILL be back! Thanks again to everyone there, as well as everyone here that helped me make the right decision to head down to The Boarding School.

• Baller_

Great job, @dhofert. Two questions:

What are your thoughts on inboard ski boat versus I/O?

Does it seems that the boat makes a difference?

I think you’re off to a good start.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

@MISkier I loved the inboard. Does it make that big of difference? I think the biggest advantage for me was less wake to be scared of. We plan on getting our I/O out this weekend I think so I will be able to see how well I can carry over what I learned.

@Bill22 Nice to meet you too, hopefully I can swing it again in the next year or two.

• Baller
I totally agree, those guys are great, even that silly wakeboarding Jimmy kid. Great facility, awesome lake, boats and people, the vibe and attitude is all about fun and learning. I was especially grateful for their work with my 15 year old son who came on my last day. The kid doesn’t always take instruction well but he was totally dialed in and loved it.

@skihart Rob nice meeting you as well, that was pretty cool having someone else witness that. I will be back in the next couple of years for sure. Hopefully there are a few more skiers that stay the week next time. For now its back to the fridged waters of Michigan. Also, the search is on for someone close with a course so I can feed the new addiction!

• Baller

I was at the boarding school this weekend as well. It was good to meet some ballers. @skihart and @Bill22 were super guys and we had a lot of fun each night staying up late and talking about the sport.

Nice to meet you guys and thanks for being so kind to my 6 year old boy and making him feel like one of the guys.

@FWinter was a very good coach and hung around every evening and chatted with us.

Watching him ski was a real treat and my son said, “now I know why Freddie is the world champion!”

Wonderful experience and we will be back.

Matt

@gt2003 I have never attempted to run the course before last week. I started struggling to start outside of one, come close to 2-5 and round 6. It finally hit home on my last set of the week.

@theboardingschool thanks again! You can really tell your joy for coaching. I hope to get some sets in this weekend behind our boat, I will let you know how it goes.

• Baller

Just got back from a long weekend at the boarding school for a preason warmup of skiing with Travis and @FWinter. Had a great time and met quite a few ballers while there. @mbabiash , @Bill22 , and @dhofert happen to be there ripping some buoys.

Early morning glass before our first set

buvtchu3rb9c.jpg

Ball one on lake one. Be ready, the grass comes up quick!

kiix8tdvxcvq.jpg

Here is @mbabiash when his son Cooper took his first wakeboard set on the prostar before moving up to the XStar! This is one on the huge beneifts of this place. You can have family members or friends doing two different things while still still hanging together in the house and on the dock.

8xkzt6agr4qg.jpg

This is Scott getting stacked and Jackson doing some back rolls4l3ro9mxyq7r.jpg

5kibwj5hrplx.jpg

• Baller

I managed to get some shots of @FWinter during one of his sets

dywrbzrgs2r3.jpg

@FWinter creating space before ball one

2xhadx1t32su.jpg

Freddie moving the ski outbound at 4 ball

0n8dl32fbcmj.jpg

waqwxp1kc0gz.jpg

So one night after a few IPA's we realized that none of us would probably ever be table to win a pro tournament. Soooo, we locked @FWinter in the bathroom and decided to take one of his for the ballers!

ba3pygj302cm.jpg

Great time! @theboardingschool If you ever get a chance to visit, dont hesitate!

• Baller
@swc5150 you are correct, the photos don’t do it justice. I normally am not a fan of all black boats but this one was sweet! I was impressed by the vinyl, it was not standard vinyl, it was something high end and didn’t get hot.

• Baller

@Jaypro do yourself a favor and add the following items to your ski bag and you will be King @theboardingschool during your visit.

Dog treats

Beer

Darts @FWinter

And perhaps even cat nip.

Oh and make sure to leave your stuff all over the kitchen and house @theboardingschool is amazing at cleaning up and loves doing it!?

Obviously this post will be redundant but shout out to Travis and jimmy for allowing me to ski with them this week. The site is fantastic with multiple lakes and multiple courses so you’re guaranteed good water no matter what wind is blowing. Brand new MC PS with the new 6 liter. Wow. What a boat. Very laid back setting. Clean. Great value for skiing. Thanks again.

Another shout out to the boarding school. Skied there yesterday with Freddie. New MC PS. Working with Freddie on the new NRG R2. As usual, great experience, very accommodating, friendly.....all the things.

Highly recommend this site when in Orlando.