Reflex 3D breaking

cacman

• Baller
I have had the new reflex 3D heal and toe plate for about a year I have went through 2 sets of 3D molds. I have been told by a dealer to go back to the nylon screw things to hold back of boot in place, that all of these 3D molds are breaking. Any other solutions.

• Baller

@cacman I made these brackets out of RTP hardware that were meant to be screwed directly to the ski. The difference from regular RTP bars is that they already have a level bottom. You can use regular RTP bars but you have to trim one side to make them seat straight. Also I used roughly 2/3 of each bar in order to seat closer to the curved boot sides and to be mounted with 2 screws for a solid connection.

This is not my ski, my system is more complicated but I also use excactly the same bars to eliminate any possibility of movement.

• Baller
It always puzzles me when I read about people needing to cut, drill, hack, glue and screw out of the box, new boot and binding products that are marketed to be the best thing ever? And not just any particular manufacture.

• Baller
I get that the elite competitors will tweak their equipment to get optimum performance. It's the average Ballers that puzzle me. When I spend 600+ on dbl boots they should damn sure work and last for quite a while.

• Baller
I agree. It’s total BS to have to spend that much money and have a product that continuously breaks. Absolute piss poor quality control. I’ve gone through 4 heel cups. My toe piece also basically disintegrated. On the carbon fiber replacement parts now and so far so good. Seems very solid. Why the heck did they not do this in the first place?