Trying unsuccessfully to mount Reflex 840 G10 Plate on Radar Senate

condorpilot

• Baller

I have been trying unsuccessfully, to mount my front Reflex plate onto a 2018 Radar Senate 69”

No problem with front four screws but cannot fit screws into the (most forward ) of the series of 6 rear rectangular holes due to the position of the binding arm block

In effect the position of these mounting holes under the arm mount/ swivel block appears to render them useless .

Any ideas or solutions as otherwise I am unable to mount the plate back enough to achieve the manufacturers or Rinis recommend boot from tail distance

• Baller

Maybe file the washer on the side, grind the block a bit, turn the nut/bolt 180 degrees cut bolt down to required length.

Caviat = you have to decide if the block would still maintain integrity strength wise, it is probably what I would do in this situation.

Edit - Just thought the other easier way is to cut the head off the bolt, put it into the block from the outside with the thread on the inside and have someone weld the bolt in place from the outside.

Then use round head screws/bolts with flat washers to secure binding.

Check Everytime You Ski for migration, For Safety.

• Baller
Those big head screws are nice but not practical, change at least the rear ones with standard Philips bubble head that fit next to the bases and flip the hinge screws if needed. Not a big deal. And there is no need to use aluminum countersunk washers with composite plates, unless you like the looks of them. With flat SS washers you can choose different diameter to use depending on your ski and binding setup.

• Baller
I ran reflex on my 2017 Lithium Senate (67 in) before I sold it with no problem. Then again the 69 prob require different boot placement. Either changes screw type or better yet invest in Mikro-Just. Drexel out the rear holes into one open slot and mount the Mikro-Just on either left or right middle slot. You will now have infinite fine tune adjustability and no longer have to deal with that issue. You can’t achieve recommended binding settings by moving one hole at a time. It a worthy investment

• Baller

C5Quest thanks yes agree with Micro Adjust , an idea suggested else where.The main issues is not so much whether the holes are cut to turn into a slot but the size of the screw head to clear the arm block as it is positioned. By reducing the diameter and height of the screw head in place of the original Radar pan head screws I should achieve the position I require. Just wasn’t confident to use a smaller screw head in case it wasn’t secure enough.I believe that a flat head screw will do the job.

Am I correct in saying that the correct standard screw is 8/32 x 1/2” UNC?

• Baller
Hi, i have tge same issue with my new senate graphite 2019 67. The recommanded stock position for front binding is 30 1/2 and i can’t set it up without usign the last hole under the nut (not even sure it will be enougth at the rear with this one). Is it normal that the reflex Plate is so much at the rear with the senate ?

• Baller

@FOB69 see my pic above

If you don't slot the rear holes and use the holes in the plate you need to take off the release arms bolt from the blocks screw the g-10 plate down and then reinstall the release arms to the blocks

• Baller

@FOB69 My Senate is a 2018 but assume holes will be in the same position on 2019. Matt Rini helped me out with this problem. I have it set at stock position on ski. This uses the 2nd hole.

No need to remove/ re position any part of the binding mechanisms , arms or blocks. Simply use a smaller screw head and washer if required ( I used the Reflex screws with the pretty washers) . I previously had it placed forward on the first hole in which case I had to use a flat washer to clear the block.

To mount binding , first insert the two rearmost screws into the plate off the ski and drop them their full length so that the heads are flat on the plate. Then offer the plate up to the ski and lightly tighten the rear screws up until the plate meets the top of the ski. Insert the middle and front screws then tighten all 6.

• Baller

Penultimate.Very much doubt that the ski inserts are an issue or if +/- 0.1”would be noticeable. That’s assuming we both have calibrated measures and are both measuring correctly. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge will advise you otherwise .There are many people on the forum with much more expertise and skill than me who have already offered effective solutions .

Easy option for you to get it exactly where you want it mounted may be as suggested,described and photographed by @Deanoski above. If you cannot get it measured exactly using holes you could “slot the rear holes”.