Reflex R Style Mounting Screws and Washer

Gar

• Baller

Yesterday my Reflex R Style popped loose from the plate twice. Luckily I did not crash at that point. The second time it popped out after making sure it was tight, I figure (and was correct) the large washer is rusted out. So, anyone know where I might get new nuts and screws in stainless? (these non-stainless only lasted a few years) Luckily my ski buddy had a nut an screw so I was able to ski but the nut he had to use is pressing in on my heel in the center so I really need new mounting hardware for it.

• Baller

I got all the stainless hardware I needed at ACE Hardware....Huge selection, plus Nylon Washers of all sizes that I have been using. No problem what so ever and cheap to boot.

ACE is the place for the happy hardware man !!!

• Baller
@aupatking looks like I may need you to test all my new products... But I have already figured out that too many holes in the plates leads to flex problems...

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller
@Gar those nuts that Reflex is using are the ones provided by Roxa, used in their skate boots. Not made for use in wet environments, rust too easy. Buy Hillman stainless steel t-nuts from Lowe's with s/s screws and s/s fender washers.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller

@aupatking I’ve seen this a couple of times before. Reflex sent them a replacement plate, but both friends mount the boot on an HO aluminum plate instead.

I think it is possible to write to reflex asking them to send you a plate with only the mounting to the ski slots and drill only the holes needed for your boot.

Also add a couple more screws to the front and back.

Or buy a G10 sheet and cut your own plate using the broken one as a guide.

• Baller

Yeah, I just made a McMaster-Carr G10 order. I need to find a 5mm mortising drill bit now to make some pretty square holes. I’m really wondering where the first point of failure was. The plate shifted back, breaking the pieces between holes in the fore, ski-to-plate, mount, the front screw pulled straight through, and the entire section under the heel ripped right out. Multiple catastrophic failure.

I’m wondering if it was a good thing. 4 ball rollers on a public course. It was pretty weird thinking, “both my boots are still on?”.