Carpet Overlays and new boat

jercrane

• Baller

Ok so after much debating and weeks of hunting I'm throwing in the towel and just getting a new 200 OB (2018 in stock at a dealer so I don't have to wait for production). Got a pretty good deal ... anyway.

Given this is my first new boat I'd like to take care iof it right from the start. What's the deal with carpet overlays? Where can I get these for a 200 OB? I really like the idea of just pulling out an overlay for cleaning instead of dragging the shop vac out to the boat.

Any other new boat tips? Things you have done or wish you had done to maintain your boat right from the start.

Just use the boat. Wear and tear on the carpet is the least of your worries about resale. Make an effort to not let the carpet and interior get to dirty before teaching the kids or wife to vacuum it out well. Yes I am kidding a little. My glued in carpet still looks great in my 1987 outboard. I wish it was a different color though as it shows all the dirt.

I lay down microfiber towels. The microfiber towels stick to the carpet kind of like Velcro, so they stay in place nicely. I use 24x48 along each side of the engine and 72x40 for behind the engine. Chamois or regular towels just blow to the back of the boat, microfiber are the only ones that actually stay in place.

Skip Dunlap has carpet inserts for the SN 200 OB and CB. Excellent fit and covers almost everything. Skip is an awesome guy to deal with if you are interested. I think I paid around $350. 863-605-0340