Traveling to Vail in July. Looking for a place to ski.

oneski

• Baller
I’ll be in Vail on business the 3rd week in July and was curious to know if there are any nice ski sites close by. It’s a few days before I ski in the Southern Regionals and I was hoping to get in a few practice sets. Feel free to post or PM me with any suggestions.

The club in Dotsero is very expensive, not sure if you can get in as guest.

The coarse in Green Mtn. Res. was not in yet as of last weekend, usually in early July. May be able to set you up with someone to pull you . I have a old boat, no speed control, I would guess that would not help you much. I ski near Kremmling most weekend mornings. No coarse. about 60 mi from Vail, or about 20 mi if you hike over the Gore Range.

@Edbrazil , just checked snotel site where I snowmobile, showed 0".

I have skied @ A-basin in Aug. about 20 yrs. ago.

There is still some snow on the peaks. There is a ski race on a snowfield near Winter Park every 4th of July.

Been hot & dry spring this year so less snow left than usual.

• Baller
Thanks for the info Shyskier. I may try Soda Lakes on my way from Denver, but it’s a bit too far of a drive for me from Vail. Dotsero looks awesome. It be great if I could find someone to pull me as a guest. I was hoping to get in a set or two on the water that week before I get home and ski in the Southern Regionals

• Baller

I will be in Vail 8/20-30 accompany my wife for a knee surgery. Would be great to get some pulls in. Seems Skoda is closed. Any contacts at Rocky Mountain Water Ski Club in Dotsero?

I am not looking for a free ride. . . more than happy to pay. Please let me know so I can pack my ski. I leave Tuesday.

• Baller

@Deke Yeah Dotsero appears to be about 40 mins each way. I am currently skiing the best I have in years and dread 15+ days off the water. But I may have to make do with some mountain biking on the trip.

Unfortunately, this is an extensive surgery, requiring 6 weeks of immobilization... I will be a better nurse with some activities.