2018 Malibu Response TXI

TEL

• Baller
I have been hearing a lot about the 2018 Malibu, is the hull new? Would like to see one and possibly Ski behind. Local dealer does not have one want to know how the wakes are 15 -32 off compared to other new boats? Have skied behind 17 MC, 2018 and 2019 Nautique’s 2014 carbon pro and my 2008 196. The Carbon Pro has the smallest wakes at 15 lowest bump at 22, at 28 all the boats that I skied are about the same. My 196 still has better wakes than most newer boats in the range my ski buds and I Ski. Not looking to replace my boat yet but in 3 years I will be in the market for a used 18 or 19 boat not willing to pay new boat pricing. Any one have one in the Orlando area? I heard Rollins collage has one don’t think they will give me a pull

• Baller
scotchipman@ Thanks, for the info and invite. I agree the Carbon Pro for me is a challenge to drive. Its important to not only have good wakes but needs to drive well. I live on a short set up lake.

• Baller
I drove a 2018 TXI at a tournament a couple of weeks ago. For whatever reason it seemed to track better than any previous Malibu I have driven. Drove really good. A little low on power, but I think that's already been mentioned in another thread. Some mentioned derating due high intake air temp.

• Baller

@TEL

We have a 2018 Txi here in Charleston at Trophy Lakes. Best boat we have had here in a long time. Has been setup and dialed in by multiple drivers and there is really nothing that can be done to make it better. I am hoping it is used for the Malibu open here in August. If it is, I think there be some huge scores that go down behind it!

This boat has no issues and runs strong every day. We have seen lots of great scores and performances behind on the full spectrum of skiers from the B1/G1 to OM/MM.

Pictures available here.

https://www.trophylakesports.com/boats

kl6ia6tikdb3.png

• Baller

I love my 2018! I'm told that it takes close to 200 hours for the 6 liters to break in so a new promo with low hours may have a little less power than a boat with 200. This boat is still available for sale if anyone is interested.

8i36mfnn61sv.jpg