New Senate. Love it. But still breaking at waist on 2 and 4 ball. One tip?

Tdub

Been skiing for about 40 years (ouch) and have never really corrected this problem. Been through many skis and just got a Senate Lithium this year and my skiing is better....but. Obviously a left foot forward but it is time I correct this problem. Any ideas out there? Fin set-up? Binding placement? Technique?

Cheers.

Tom

• Baller
@ 2& 4 Ball present the handle horizontal/flat when you reach, when doing this the handle is closer to you and keeps your shoulder square, helps you to not roll the shoulder round as you got to the handle with your free hand giving you much better position, this also helps to prevent you from pulling on your arms when you hook up, sounds simple but will take some getting used to.

• Baller

Have you measured your front boot placement? If it's forward of what stock is or to much forward, you should try to move it backwards a little. Assuming that your technique is not the primary issue and that your fin is at stock (which is a good start), boot placement could really help your offside turn.

Alex

• Baller
If you’re having trouble at the turn go back to your pull. Be sure that as you come off the second wake that you maintain good body position, keep a tight line, and being the handle with you to the ball. Skiing from the second wake well will consistently set up a good turn.

• Baller

Generally, breaking at the waist is caused by too much tip. Can be solved by boots slightly back or by a fin adjustment...

On your off side focus on elbows in and riding a tight line out to the ball line. As you feed out line in the turn reach and counter slightly.

Video would help....

• Baller
@Tdub if you're looking at 3 ball, could your hips be moving to the outside (or falling back) instead of dropping in/down towards the ball resulting in the ski stopping/slowing too much and causing you to break at the waist?

• Baller
@Tdub so you say that you're looking at the ball? I assume you mean 2&4? In that case you don't need someone telling you "don't do that". You need to find another place to focus on. At what point are you looking at the ball? Down at it as you turn to be sure you're clear? If this is the case look out in front of the boat and locate 3 or 5 as the buoy may be. If you're looking at the buoy earlier than that, I doubt that it poses said problem , then think elsewhere for the solution.

I am digging these tips. I am getting a pretty good lean out of 1 and 3 but as soon as I get to 2 and 4 down go my shoulders and up comes the spray. Then lat to 3 and 5. I am on a 67 inch Radar Senate Lithium. I weigh 175 and ski at 32mph. thanks @thager for the fin adj. info. and @Stevie Boy I will try the handle idea. Thanks to all.

• Baller
If you are adding lean to the rope, it’s going to come back and pull you forward resulting in breaking at the waist. Take what you get out of the turn and hold it without adding to it. This has helped me maintain my stack tremendously.