Looking for new rear binding

mcsd1992

• Baller

Hey all,

Little bit of history first....started out with a ARTP, then went to a senate with a double boot, did ok on that (wasnt running a course then), and then went to a vapor with an ARTP. Did pretty well on that ski but still wasnt running a course.

This year got a vapor lithium and have been running the course. Ended up buying it with double profiles (went with the 16's because i was able to find two of them for a good price). Ended up not liking the height on the rear and took my ARTP off of my old ski. Had worked fine until recently when i realized that it's lost a lot of it's "grip," and i just feel like i keep coming out of it really easily....Not sure if this is common or not with these over time. Anyways, been thinking about maybe going back to a double setup but still really want that mobility. Willing to give up the course for a little and re-learn some stuff but wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the direction to go. Have been looking at a reflex r type rear but also maybe going the brooks wilson route and cutting off some of the height from my profile i havent used......

any thoughts?

• Baller
My favorite RTP is the HO non adjustable rear toe. There is a nice contoured foot bed that holds your foot well in place. You have to give it a kick to get your foot in but I find it holds my foot well.

• Baller

Anybody used the Radar Fixed RTP and can advise on sizing?

I like a snug fit and start both feet in. Size 11 US foot. Need to order on line and cant demo.

would the M/L size or the XL/XXL size be best?

Don't want it to be loose but wondered if I could always go larger and cut back the overlay to get a custom fit?

• Baller
I had an HO artp for quite a few year until it ripped last year. Got a radar one this year and love it. Can't speak for it losing grip as this is my first season on it but it has a much deeper heal pocket than my HO did and I never noticed any slipping. Also, both of mine have never had any problems with getting loose during a set.

• Baller
I don’t like any of the ARTPs I prefer the old fixed type maybe because I kick my foot in after I get up. The Radar fixed RTP is flat in the bottom where the HO is slightly molded and seems to hold my foot better.