WHO KNOWS THE HISTORY OF THE MC PROSTAR 197

bananaron

• Baller
I am looking at a 2007 and a 2011 197.I know the boat started in 2002 and ended in 2013.I am wondering during the yrs about hull changes and how they are different.Anyone know what the difference would be between the 2007 and 2011 boats.Would appreciate any help.......THX RON

• Baller

MasterCraft Forum History Thread: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=29236

MC ZeroOff discussion, post 6: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=27486

Biggest difference for skiing will be speed control change, ‘07 Perfect Pass, ‘11 ZeroOff. 02 Tournament Team hulls and 03+ have add hook for better wake. Motor Marinizer changed from Indmar to Ilmor.

• Baller

06 had already the new rudder so you're good to go with either.

May i ask why you buy and resell so many boats in the last 2 years?

Some you sold after only a couples of weeks...

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

"In 2009 MasterCraft offered a Diesel-Volkswagen Turbo Charged Direct Injection (TDS) V8–225hp engine in combination with a 1.5:1 transmission as a option."

Was this sold in the US? Never heard of/seen one of these. Would compliment my Touareg TDI well:-)

• Baller
@tlarocque You could get one in the US. Extremely rare, as it was about a $24k option retail, but very cool. I was able to check one out in a wake model back then (can't recall which X exactly), and it obviously had lots of torque. Very weird hearing that diesel sound coming out of an inboard tow boat. I'd guess the cost is what lead to its demise? Hauling diesel fuel to the dock would be nasty too.

• Baller
@swc5150 - good point about the diesel hauling! As much as we love our Touareg, firing up the V8 is one of my favorite parts of boating. Hopefully boats won't go the way of the car industry with 2 liter 4-cylinder turbos in literally EVERYTHING.