2018 NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Horton

• Administrators

NCMC Logo 2017 900x280px 01

BallOfSpray is proud to announce that NorCal MasterCraft has signed on as the title sponsor of the NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize. The event will be held September 22 - 23 at Bell Acqua Lake 3 in Rio Linda California.

Pro and amateur skiers alike will compete for $6,000 in prize money. The event is comprised of 2 rounds of prelims and a final. Every competitor will ski 3 times and every competitor has an opportunity to take home prize money. The top 16 skiers at each event will compete for $3,000 in a head-to-head final and the remaining skiers will compete for an additional $3,000 in a handicap final.

General Notes and Rules

1. To be eligible for the handicap round, a skier must have scores from 3 or more different USAWS tournaments in the previous 12 months
  2. Handicaps will be calculated from each skier's USAWS 12 month 3 score average
  3. BallOfSpray reserves the right to tweak individual handicaps and entry qualifications as needed
  4. Non USAWS skiers who can provide documentation of scores from other federations will be admitted at the discretion of the event organizer

All scores will be entered into the Cash Prize Score Book without regard to boat speed. The values for 34 MPH scores will be used for 36 mph and 32 mph skiers.

• Example: 4 @ 38 off = 100 buoys at 34mph and at 36 mph and at 32 mph

Seeding for the Head to Head will be as follows

1. Skiers with the 8 highest scores from prelims will take seeds 1 through 8
  2. Skiers with the highest combined scores from rounds 1 and 2 (but not one of the 8 highest scores) will take seeds 9 through 16

All rules are subject to change

Entries are non-refundable unless the event fills. Entry fees will only be refunded when a skier from the waiting list replaces a canceled entry.

The entry fee is $200

If you have any questions please contact John Horton at  Horton@BallOfSpray.com

Click this link & go to the bottom of the next page to enter.

• Administrators

@APB

There will be a semi experimental unofficial webcast. Basically somebody that's learning to do it has volunteered to give it a go. I'll pass out the URL when the time is close. It would be far better if you would just get on a plane and get your butt out here and ski the event

• Administrators
By the way we have a couple spots left if anybody wants to ski the event. If I haven't said this enough times over the years you don't have to be a pro level skier to enjoy the event and possibly win money. The whole point is to have fun with a wide variety of skill levels.

• Administrators

Rough entry list

David Skirvin

Jeff Volmrich

Steve Schroeder

Joy Kelly

Will Bush

Rob Muhlitner,

Richelle Muhlitner

Rob Kirkpatrick

Mark Roske

Janie Fausold

Dennis Phillips

Corey Vaughn

Emilia Thomas

Bob Hardeman

GoldMan

Goldman

M Parsons

Brian Detrick

William Robert McVitty Jr

Brent Eaton

Jerrit Jolma

Michael Tilton

mark turner

Markus Menasci

Harsh

Tyler Scott

Terry Winter

Dave Buchli

Nick Parsons

Robo Smart

Tim Veio

G Canepa

R Canepa

The Bishop

Gary Wallace

Blazer Grubbs

Grubby Grubbs

• Administrators

@MikeT

Those are good questions. As for local hotels hopefully someone local will chime in. You do not want to stay too close to the site unless you are looking for hookers and meth.

I will send out an official email about order of events and stuff sometime next week. Bottom line is we all ski twice Saturday and then drink beer. Everyone skis third round Sunday.

There will be practice Friday. Noon-ish until dinner-ish. I will have to check with Mr. Coffee to find out exactly when we have to off the lake.

• Baller
@MikeT : For hotels, it depends what you're looking for. Downtown Sacramento is only about 10 or 15 minutes away from the site. There's plenty of nice hotels there including the Hyatt which is right across from the capitol and my personal favorite which is the new Kimpton Sawyer Hotel. Those places are pretty pricey, but they're nice. If you're looking for something cheaper and closer, I'd look in the Natomas area. There's a bunch of chain hotels there. As Horton said, stay away from Rio Linda and Del Paso Heights.

• Baller

There are some pretty cool/hip hotels downtown Sac - a bunch of boutiques, as well as some of the traditional Hyatt, Hilton, etc. Natomas is probably closest to Bell Acqua and not in rough neighborhood. Natomas hotels will probably be listed as "Sacramento Airport" if you are a club member of any of the hotels and doing a search. In Natomas you have most the second tier of chains such as Hampton Inn(Hilton), Four Points (Sheraton), and Holiday Inn Express (IHG). Lincoln/Rocklin has a lot of the same types of second tier, big chain, hotels and is just a bit farther from the ski site, but further from Airport or downtown. The hotels near Old Town Sacramento are cool, but still get close to full rate on weekends. I'm a Hilton guy and stay at the Hampton in Natomas, or the Embassy Suites Old Town. I stayed at Hampton a few weeks back, and it was about a 10-15 min drive to Bell Acqua. FWIW

• Baller
The Crowne Plaza on Madison Ave is very close and nice & reasonably priced. If you want unique you can stay downtown on the Delta King boat. Natomas has some good options too. Wherever you stay, DO NOT leave your gear in the car! Unless you want to borrow a ski from Horton.

• Administrators

The event is full enough to guarantee the full $6,000 in prize money but we do still have a few spots. If you know anyone who wants to enter – Now is the time to have them contact me.

There will be dinner on site Saturday. I believe that we will have food truck pizza again this year. It was very good last year. I will confirm with Nikol. The cost of dinner is NOT included in your entry fee.

I will supply some beers – If I ski really good Saturday there will be a LOT of really good beer. If I ski bad Saturday there will be some PBR.

There will be practice rides available on Friday from lunch time until dark. I will confirm real start and stop times later. If you are flying in from out of town and are going to get there at the last second please let me know ahead of time.

• Administrators

mark turner

Denise Goldman

Janie Fausold

Rob Muhlitner

Bob Hardeman

Will Bush

Amelia Thomas

David Skirvin

Mark Roske

Tyler Scott

Mike Mosley

William Robert McVitty Jr

Gary Wallace

Dave Buchli

Tim Vaio

Mike Parsons

Brad Hartwell

Dennis Phillips

Brent Eaton

Frank Hock

Rob Kirkpatrick

Jerrit Jolma

George Canepa

Jeff Goldman

Eric Francios

Thomas Beardsley

Jeff Bublavi

Chris Brown

Fritz Harsch

Steve Grubbs

Steve Schroeder

Steve Ware

Kevin Bishop

Dave Smart

Markus Menasci

Greg Badal

Blaze Grubbs

Carter Eaton

Daniel Goldman

Ryan Canepa

Nick Parsons

Brian Detrick

Terry Winter

Corey Vaughn

• Administrators
@usaski1 I sent out a couple of bulletins with running orders and rules. If you're not getting them please send me an email to confirm your correct email address

• Baller
@hockdog. Thanks man. This tournament is always fun, it's better if you take home cash. However, I love just being out there and skiing behind the best boats, chillin with BOS people, and swervin' some good turns! Hey, I think it's the 1st time I've ever been on a webcast! I didn't ski as well as I had hoped, but I'll be back!