Daggett Lake NY- anyone skied it?

rodecon

• Baller

Hello all, my family and I just returned from a long weekend camping at Daggett Lake in the Adirondacks, I was looking forward to doing some skiing/ relaxing but we ended up having kind of a strange experience with the owner and didnt end up doing any skiing while we were there.

I was just curious if anyone else has skied/ camped there and what their experience was? I am hoping that ours was just an anomaly.

Would appreciate some feedback, thanks!

• Baller
I stopped there a few years ago for a set while on my way to Regionals in Lake Placid. Owners were nice, no problems there. The lake does get a bit of wash back from the near shore so it's sorta tough to ski.

• Baller_
Tom used to have tournaments at Daggett. At the time, we had a series of unsanctioned tournaments in the Adirondacks and Vermont, and participation was huge. Sadly the folks that organized them (and I was one) got burned out and the tournaments fell off the planet. I haven’t seen Tom in several years. He’s a good skier.

Lpskier

• Baller

Kinda off topic but I can relate. I had a job lined up as a waterski coach at a summer camp for kids. When I get up there the head coach tells me they don't really ski as instructors because of the cost of boat gas ( camp owner was loco but I think it was partially the head coach)-this was 20 years ago! I said I'll pay for whatever gas I use but no dice. In hindsight I never asked about how much we could ski when I was hired. I think I skied 3 times in a month. So odd.

What did the guy say? No skiing for you?

• Baller

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, I don't want to trash the owner of Daggett Lake on a public forum, but in a nut shell he made our group (4 family's) feel like we were a nuisance to him and generally feel unwelcome, from what I gather he has gone through a recent divorce and is going through a rough patch so I have decided to cut him some slack and chalk it up to we caught him at a bad time, life's too short to get bent out of shape over this stuff!

I hope the guy finds peace, and gets things back on track.