2019 Ski Nautique Surging

Letsgo

I have had the chance to ski and drive this boat many times.

Why does the boat surge up to 35.8 the throttle back. The only way to keep this from happing is to slowly feather the throttle till it engages.

This will not work on a short setup. Example:

Paducah Southern Regionals lake with turn island. Disaster!

National skier be aware.

If you feel like you pulled out to hard and have a loose line, it is becaise the boat whips you out then throttles back. Both are not good!

• Baller

Too much throttle and overshoot the set point too much, and this can be done with just about any boat. Sounds like the driver was not dialed in. Enough throttle needed to get to speed. Let the system engage, then throttle down. Knowing what it takes to get to set point is key. Throttle ALL the way to the floor at start with the bigger motors might be too much on the shorter lakes. I know you want to get to speed as quick as you can, be then you need to slow down.

I am a big guy. It used to drive me crazy when people who did not pull me frequently would drive for me. Pull out for the gates and the boat is accelerating past 34 to about 38/40. Turn in for the gates with a slack line and the boat decelerating to 34. 16.95 every pass. UGH. I can't count how many tournament passes I had like that.

I ski behind a Nautique 2011, 2016, 2018. None of these boats have this surging issue. I don’t believe 834 mile an hour scare wants to accelerate 35.8 miles an hour.

It’s not a problem if you have a long set up

• Baller
@Letsgo I assume you reference the north lake, west end? That's a tough situation for any boat/driver/skier. These other boats you spoke of, have you skied and or drove them at the site referenced? Did this happen when you drove it? When you skied behind it? Both?