Pearl Jam, Missoula, any place to ski??

sunvalleylaw

• Baller

Hey all! Looking forward to taking my 18 year old kid to see his first Pearl Jam show this coming Monday. We will be heading up a bit early. Any place to get a ski? He had his first course experience a week ago and now wants to chase more balls. Anyhow, PJ should be fun! We got tix up in the front pit so should be close.

• Baller

All i remember is a private site picture in WSM a long time ago.

The place was called " the kick axe lake " and was own by a Mr Axe...

Had a beautiful view of the mountain.

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
@sunvalleylaw, I'm from Missoula and skied for many years at Dragonfly. Sadly the owner of that lake passed and it's only being used by family now. Like mentioned above Helena or Kalispell are the only other options within 2 hrs of Msla. Enjoy the concert, I saw them there in '98 and was awesome.

• Baller
Thanks for that update @jedgell . Sorry to hear of the passing, and the lake fading back away from more use. I saw PJ there in 2012 in the UofM fieldhouse, and it was great then too. I really like Missoula. Looking forward to visiting it again. About a 4.5 or 5 hour drive for me.

• Baller
@cragginshred , fun you play at least one song! Yeah, these "the guys are older" days are not the same as the glory days, but I have to respect them for still putting stuff out, some of which I really like, and sticking together, and for gawd's sake, not dying! A lot of musicians, particularly front men, from that scene and era did not make it. I play some of their stuff too, among other bands's music as well. @schroed and I tried some fireside stuff last year too. He is more talented than I. I am jealous you have a steady band. I have not found time to make such efforts successful. Maybe in a couple/few years when the last of the kids closes in on leaving the house. But, also gotta find more course time in there too! :)