Permanent course max water depth?

Killer

• Baller

Considering dropping individual anchors where our insta slalom course is currently but concerned with how deep the water is. not sure exactly how deep it goes at every ball but it’s at least 30’ in spots and likely a little more.

A few of our challenges are:

- lake freezes for the Canadian winter

- water level drop of about 5’ from spring to fall every year.

- Popular spot for fishing hence why we think a permanent course would be better

- can get windy; another reason we’d like a permanent course as it’s impossible to keep this one straight in even a modest wind

How deep can you go with individual anchored course?

Any other suggestions?

• Baller

At 30' deep,you can't put screw types anchors you will have to go with weights.

Concrete looses about 35 % ( ? ) of the weight in water but...dirt cheap!

If no current,dropping anchors through the ice could be done and easy to survey.You will have to reajust subs and bouys as the water fluctuates or have to add some systems if you want them to self adjust.

More things to break and fix on a public lake,not a good thing,you want to ski more then repair.

Good luck!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

I put ours in through the ice in 1992. Our water is 32-40 feet deep where the course is. We have had a couple minor adjustments in 2007, but they were minor. 150lb concrete anchors. I went by a design @Edbrazil wrote for Water Ski magazine way back when. Worked great. @Edbrazil is your best source and most innovative designer for permanent courses. He can give you more ideas as to what you can do especially with the fluctuating water level.