WTB: Used O'Neill Slasher Comp Vest Men's L

DangerBoy

• Baller

Note: I originally posted looking for a Men's XL. I was subsequently convinced that I need a Men's L instead. I have revised the subject line and this original posting to correct the error.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has one of these in Men's Large hopefully black, grey or Slate (dark blue) and wants to rehome it, I'd be interested if the price is right. I do have a US address it could be shipped to if you prefer not to ship to Canada.

• Baller

You really need XL ?

I have a large that is just too loose for me.I'm 6'2'' ,195 lbs.

Not your colors but it's lightly use O'Neill Slasher...

And i'm in Canada too!

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller

@Andre I just tried one on in the store today and the XL fit perfectly. I'm 5' 9" and a slightly rotund/pudgy 180. ;)

I tried on several brands of Comp vests and I took an XL in all of them. I came to the conclusion that all comp vests fit small because I've never fit anything larger than Large in anything else. For example, my Hyperlite life jacket that I bought at Costco is a large and fits me perfectly.

I liked the Slasher best of all the ones I tried on or looked at so now I'm looking for one at a price I can afford. Haven't been working much lately so funds are really tight... :(

I'd be interested in yours if I knew of a way I could dye it black and was sure the fabric would hold the dye and not dye me black every time I wore it...

• Baller

@DangerBoy if it fits perfectly in the store it is too loose. You should barely be able to zip a Comp vest when it is dry. At 5’9” 180 I think an XL Slasher is going to be way too big when wet.

I am 6’ 205 and wear an XL in Eagle and Camaro. In one of the stretchy O'Neil vests I would think about a large.

• Baller
@Chef23 You could be right. I've never used a comp vest before so I don't know. All I know was that I had to suck my gut in a lot and pull pretty hard on the zipper to get it started and when zipped up the jacket was quite tight everywhere but I was able to breathe. But then again, the vest was dry. Unfortunately, they did not have a large I could try on. The chest size range for a large is 40 - 44 and I am middle of that range and not in the 44-48 range the X-large is supposed to fit. I just figured all the makers made those Comp vests about a size too small.

• Baller

I didn't try on a medium O'Neill. I tried putting on a Medium Connelly which is supposed to fit the same size range and the zipper ends were so far apart that there was no way I could even get them to touch no matter how hard I stretched the jacket and sucked my gut in. After that, I didn't bother to even look at the Mediums in other brands.

I guess I have to go back to the store AGAIN and try on a medium. If I do manage to get it on in the store I'll probably talk like I just breathed in gas out of a helium balloon... ;) Good thing the store is only about a mile away.

• Baller
@dvskier What is your chest size? I'm about a 42" and I have a few (okay maybe several) lbs of "surplus energy storage tissue" (my new PC term for fat or blubber ;)) on my belly. I carry most of my weight in my chest area and mid section but I can still get into 32" - 33" waist jeans.

• Baller

@Chef23, @dvskier You guys saved me again! I went back to the store to try the medium. It was a bit of a struggle to get the zipper started and going but I did manage to get it on and it felt good. I could breathe fine and I didn't talk like I was breathing helium either. Those vests are a lot stretchier than I thought!

I also have to take into account that I tend to lose a little weight off my gut and torso when I'm out at the lake so the medium does seem to be the right choice for me. I just might need a little help getting the jacket zipped up sometimes but that's no problem.

Okay so now what I need is a Medium. Unfortunately, I can't change the subject line of the posting now... :( Anyone got a medium they could let go of

• Baller
@DangerBoy glad I could help. I know it costs more but why not support the local shop? If not for the local shop you would have maybe bought two vests that don't fit. In addition if nobody supports the local shop soon there won't be any and you wouldn't have anywhere to try stuff on. I would love to have something close by to try stuff on. Whenever I get to Orlando I go to Performance and buy stuff just because I am there.

• Baller

@Chef23 I hear what you're saying and do agree. Unfortunately, I just can't afford it. I was laid off from my job a couple years ago when oil prices took a dive and my Province went into a deep recession. Since then, I've been picking up whatever consulting work I can to try and scrape through. The last 4 or 5 months have been really slow so things are really tight right now. I'm trying to find a job but people in my age group (55 - 60) are finding it really hard to get hired back on by anyone as we inch our way out of this recession.

Such a jacket is a "nice to have" but not a "need to have" so I just can't justify spending very much on one especially since I just purchased a new ski and set of bindings. I got a great deal and only spent less than $400 for all of that but it was a big expenditure for me. I was just hoping that someone might have one of these jackets they're not using any longer and would be willing to let it go for a price that's more affordable to me. I realize that may not be possible but I thought it was worth it to try...

I'll watch the prices at the local shop though. I have a feeling they'll start blowing their water ski and wake sports stuff out in September to make room for their snow ski stuff so maybe I'll be able to snag a good end-of-season deal if they still have my size in stock by then. Right now the discount is only 10% and I think they might go to 20% or more off a little later on.

• Baller
@DangerBoy I am a size 42" chest. Mine was tight when I got it 3-4 years ago but it loosened up after a couple of sets. After a few OTFs it is very comfy now. I'd get a new one on close out if possible. Don't throw money away on a used one that could be falling apart. I ski 6 sets (8 passes) per week 7 months during the year and my vest is in great shape, no seams split, no threads missing, etc. They are well made and with reasonable care will last you a long time.

• Baller

DB same size as you and wear a Large. About 2 seasons in now and it has stretched significantly. Now noticing that the front panel is doubling over on certain falls leaving ribs exposed. Currently nursing that type of injury as a result.

I would go with Chefs advice to go Medium which will be my replacement size

• Baller

@DangerBoy I am not small person, relatively big one. Normally wear XL.

When I lost some weight, shoulders of my Slasher when I'm in the water started to go on the ears level )) - Shasher has a zero tolerance in the belt area.

I got Revenge - it has same floating characteristics (very floaty) and it has internal (inside) strap with buckle for fine tuning in the waist area. More convenient if you plan to play with weight in the future without changing west.

I have a Medium yellow and blue one (like pictured above). I am 6' about 160 and it fits fine when dry, but is pretty loose after a pass or two and will roll up if i crash on my back. I will get a small if I get another slasher. Not really planning on selling it, just wanted to help you with sizing. I guess I would get rid of it for the right price, but was just planning on keeping it for a backup/extra so people quit using my stuff.

• Baller

@DangerBoy I feel that Revenge is a bit tighter than Slasher of the same size.

It may be because of thicker foam padding in lumbar area or may be just because another year of production.

But for sure Revenge has more tolerance for size because two things:

1st - inside belt strap

2nd - zip is not attached to vest directly but via neoprene "wing" which is stretchy enough.

• Baller
I didn't think that O'Neill Revenge Vest deal was going to happen so I bought a Medium Slate Blue Slasher vest on Zappos for a real good price. Had it shipped to my friend's PO Box in MT so shipping was free. My friend will bring it up to where I live the next time he comes up to visit his son. Saving $70 CAD compared to what local place has them on for right now. I'd like to support the local store but I just can't afford the $70 difference right now.