Radar Carbitex much stiffer than Strada boot

Chef23

• Baller

I have had a new Carbitex sitting in my basement for a month or two and put it on my binding this morning. The first pass reminded me a little of when I tried a Reflex for a while. The ski felt a little squirelly getting out of the water and the first pass I couldn't get the ski to turn at all. It took until my third pass to run the full pass by the sixth I felt pretty comfortable on it.

The Carbitex is much stiffer backwards than my Strada (which is pretty old). Sizing it definitely runs smaller than the Strada I am a 10.5 and barely fit into the 10 Carbitex. I like the way it fits though.

I think the new boot is going to be more responsive much closer to a true hardshell. The migration from rubber (I went from a Wiley to the Strada) will be harder to the Carbitex than the Strada. I did take the plastic ankle reinforcement out. Maybe when I get comfortable with the binding I will put them in.

• Baller

@Chef23 I agree with @MS .

I went from 6 year old Stradas to the new Carbitex (no stiffners for liners anymore).

Took me a few passes to get comfortable. But, then on my second set I started running my hard pass more often and more consistently.

Awesome ski boots!

And, like @MS said, the BOA is great. I snug these down, but leave upper laces pretty loose.

• Baller
I went from well-loved and worn Strava boots to Carbitex Vapor boots last season. After a few sets they broke in and skied great. Not as stiff and snug as my old Fogman’s but the best setup for me at the moment.

• Baller

@Zman I did mold my new boot. If I didn’t there is no way I could get my foot in it. I am sure it will be fine I went through something similar when I tried a Reflex I struggled the first 2 sets by the third I could run m hardest pass.

I was skiing on my Katana this morning not my Goode because my back was sore so we will see how it feels the next couple of sets.